Game 26: GMU (13-12 / 5-7) vs Rhode Island (8-15 / 4-7) on Saturday, February 11, at 2:00 PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Good w and I’ll take it. Doesn’t have to be perfect but happy with the w. And it’s a big one.

Two big ones coming up as well.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Good w and I’ll take it. Doesn’t have to be perfect but happy with the w. And it’s a big one.

Two big ones coming up as well.
Would love to finish on an upswing. It sure would give us more hope for next year. A win or two in the tourney would be extra nice.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Nice balanced scoring. Ticket and Josh looked like their best selves. Aside from the terrible turnovers late in the game, Ronnie had one of his best games of the year. He must read the boards (kidding).

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Happy with the win. We just beat a team has 8 wins all season and is 0-9 on the road. Even happier that their coach is an idiot who couldn't figure out that to win all he had to do was start fouling us with about 6 minutes to go. Life is good!!!!

FreeGunston12

All-American
Happy with the win. We just beat a team has 8 wins all season and is 0-9 on the road. Even happier that their coach is an idiot who couldn't figure out that to win all he had to do was start fouling us with about 6 minutes to go. Life is good!!!!
Thank goodness they have no frontcourt to speak of. Still, better effort defensively after the first 10 or 15 minutes.

nchocola

Walk-On
I get SO frustrated watching English repeatedly yank JF from games for doing something wrong. The poor kid has no chance to get into the flow of the game. I sure hope he doesn't run this guy off to the portal.
If you watch closely Justyn is not frustrated when he gets pulled. He listens to the coaches and waits for the next opportunity.

They are teaching him good habits. Next year they won’t be able to pull him as often when he makes a mistake because he will be starting for us every game and be relied upon to be a leader. He’s not going to the portal. They are preparing him for a large role.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Now solidly alone in 9th place, The games this week against GW and LaSalle are huge. Lose both we're done. Go 1-1 it's going to be close.

Now solidly alone in 9th place, The games this week against GW and LaSalle are huge. Lose both we're done. Go 1-1 it's going to be close.
Beating La Salle almost more important if we go 1-1 than GW. Beating them gives us tiebreaker since this is it. Beat them, hard to see us playing Tuesday for the A-10. Go 2-0, even harder. So yea, important week here.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Off Topic. The highlight of the day was talking to a bartender at a location to be kept secret who told me about being slapped in the face with a dildo last night outside a lesbian bar in DC. Can't make this sh&t up. See what you miss if you're sober?

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Happy for the win. But Singleton had 2 points in 28 minutes.

Meanwhile Henry and JF only got 23 minutes combined.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Happy for the win. But Singleton had 2 points in 28 minutes.

Meanwhile Henry and JF only got 23 minutes combined.
If you tried to follow basketball beyond the main box score and listened to English’s post-game press conference, you’d see why he earned those minutes. Despite going 0-4 from the floor, he had 4 assists, 2 steals, 3 rebounds and played very good defense. Most importantly, we were a +16 when he was in the game, which is a very underrated but telling stat.

I‘m not suggesting he warrants a scholarship spot next year, but he damn well earned his minutes today.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If you tried to follow basketball beyond the main box score and listened to English’s post-game press conference, you’d see why he earned those minutes. Despite going 0-4 from the floor, he had 4 assists, 2 steals, 3 rebounds and played very good defense. Most importantly, we were a +16 when he was in the game, which is a very underrated but telling stat.

I‘m not suggesting he warrants a scholarship spot next year, but he damn well earned his minutes today.
You’ll also notice it’s never his man getting an easy look. He’s a very good defensive player.