Game 26: GMU (13-12 / 5-7) vs Rhode Island (8-15 / 4-7) on Saturday, February 11, at 2:00 PM.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Happy for the win. But Singleton had 2 points in 28 minutes.

Meanwhile Henry and JF only got 23 minutes combined.
Was really confused by singletons minutes today, didn’t think he was making a huge difference on D but maybe just me. Can’t argue the result. JF had some bad turnovers early.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If you watch closely Justyn is not frustrated when he gets pulled. He listens to the coaches and waits for the next opportunity.

They are teaching him good habits. Next year they won’t be able to pull him as often when he makes a mistake because he will be starting for us every game and be relied upon to be a leader. He’s not going to the portal. They are preparing him for a large role.
Yep. Regardless who's coming back he's in for big minutes. Remember, he felt compelled to publicly explain why he chose Mason over bigger schools so there's zero chance he leaves.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know URI isn’t a very good team but it was still encouraging to see Mason adjusting to the high ball pressure defense and the drives into the paint instead of just trying to do the same thing over and over again and throwing up hands when it didn’t work.

Also helped that Rhody is not a good shooting team and had no real forward presence to speak of.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ten minutes into the game, the 70ish lady who sits next to me left the game early, clearly disgusted by Mason's sloppy play. She never had said much to me before. But, as I arose to let her pass, she growled at me, "Get us a win, would ya!"

I replied, "I'll see what I can do!"

Outside of section 115, these older fans are tigers!

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
With 5 games left in the regular season, we have yet to beat a team that is currently ahead of us in the standings:

Loyola, UMass, Davidson, Rhody twice and Richmond are the worst teams in the A-10 by record.

If we can get these next 2, I’m feeling great about our chances to avoid the PIG, but we’re gonna have to show something we haven’t since early in the season — the ability to string together winning performances. I wouldn’t bet my house on it.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The VBJ injury hurts a lot. Forget a win streak without him. But boy oh boy come early March....I'm getting a good feeling.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
The VBJ injury hurts a lot. Forget a win streak without him. But boy oh boy come early March....I'm getting a good feeling.
Ticket missed 5 weeks with a similar injury, so I'm thinking that VBJ won't be back. What's the basis for your good feeling for early March?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Ticket missed 5 weeks with a similar injury, so I'm thinking that VBJ won't be back. What's the basis for your good feeling for early March?
It should be 5 days. Who needs a pinky?

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Brayon Freeman no longer part of URI basketball team. Apparently let go by Archie Miller.
I noticed he was benched for crunch time on Saturday. I thought maybe it was from hitting his back into the Green Machine's equipment (he came out right after that), but apparently it's more than that. He also plays worse defense than just about anyone I've seen in the A-10.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Exhibit A for why building a program requires more than simply assembling talent. Freeman can play but he’s a head case … attended 4 high schools and will now be on his third college. Not at all the kind of guy we want in the program.

theblueram

Recruit
Hey Rhody fan here. Were any of you near the Rhody bench during the game? Heard that Freeman and some in his party were getting on Archie pretty hard in the second half. Just wondering if you heard anything.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hey Rhody fan here. Were any of you near the Rhody bench during the game? Heard that Freeman and some in his party were getting on Archie pretty hard in the second half. Just wondering if you heard anything.
Didn’t hear it but could see a group of folks behind the Rhodey bench standing and yelling something late in the second half, my seats are across the court so couldn’t make out what they were saying but I’m sure anyone over there could have heard it.

Dawgs99

Starter
Didn’t hear it but could see a group of folks behind the Rhodey bench standing and yelling something late in the second half, my seats are across the court so couldn’t make out what they were saying but I’m sure anyone over there could have heard it.

I can second this, I sit in section 101 and could clearly see several people up and yelling in the direction of the bench. At the time I had no idea what they were yelling about or who they were directing it towards....now it all makes sense. If these people are in his corner, its no wonder he's been to 7 different schools since his freshmen year of HS. One day he will look back with regret at how he's handled himself.