Game 25: Homecoming Game, Davidson College, Saturday, February 13th, 4 PM, MASN

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
As I was heading into the RAC today, the basketball team was just leaving. For what it's worth, Marquis wasn't wearing a boot. I tried to watch him walk but he was talking to some other players going down the stairs into a car that was picking them up---couldn't really tell how much he might have been favoring the foot.

Not wearing a boot may not mean too much as I know someone who fractured slightly her foot and while she had to wear a boot over a few weeks, it was limited to a certain number of hours a day.

Given the high ankle sprain diagnosis, my bet is that he won't play. Sadly, Gibbs will go crazy.

Can we go MASH on Gibbs? Tackle him and give him an injection to knock him out of the game? I nominate Rudy and Tate for the job.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Maybe we'll get lucky and MM will play. Paulsen didn't rule it out and the fact that he made the trip to Rhody may be a good sign. Trying to be optimistic as I'm driving down from NY for the game. Won't get hopes up too high though.

I wouldn't expect him back Saturday, or in the next few games.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Can we go MASH on Gibbs? Tackle him and give him an injection to knock him out of the game? I nominate Rudy and Tate for the job.

Given the fact that we're wearing Final 4 throwbacks, maybe Abram will channel his inner Tony Skinn and take care of Gibbs the old-fashioned way.

For Abram's sake, I hope not.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Does anyone else like our throwbacks way better than our current uniforms?

Yes, mainly b/c they have names on the back. It makes it easier for us old farts to keep up with the players.

GMU92

Starter
Hat tip to tradition of the Final Four accomplishment. DP was very clear in the open practice at the season open that there will be no names on jerseys.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Rpiforecast: Davidson by 4
Vegasinsider: Davidson by 5

I didn't see the game nor listen to much of it either. So, I went back to the box score of the first time we played Davidson and was surprised, given that we played them close, to notice that Marquise actually had one of least efficient games: 6-17 from the floor , 3-6 from the line, and as many turnovers as assists (3). Granted, he did get 8 rebounds, but it sounds like not one of his best performances. Maybe guarding Gibbs took too much out of him.

On the other hand, Jalen had his best game, scoring 20 pts (and not fouling out!). Indeed, as mentioned in the game preview, it sounds like he dominated inside.

Do others remember much about that game that would give us hope?

stimes

Preferred Walk-On
:android:

I didn't see the game nor listen to much of it either. So, I went back to the box score of the first time we played Davidson and was surprised, given that we played them close, to notice that Marquise actually had one of least efficient games: 6-17 from the floor , 3-6 from the line, and as many turnovers as assists (3). Granted, he did get 8 rebounds, but it sounds like not one of his best performances. Maybe guarding Gibbs took too much out of him.

On the other hand, Jalen had his best game, scoring 20 pts (and not fouling out!). Indeed, as mentioned in the game preview, it sounds like he dominated inside.

Do others remember much about that game that would give us hope?[/QUOT
I been a Mason fan since the 2006 final four team. Moore is definitely one of the best defenders I seen at Mason. To be able to guard the other teams best offensive threat Each night and still be able to lead your team in scoring is remarkable. If we asked Otis to do that how productive would he be????

stimes

Preferred Walk-On
I been a Mason fan since the 2006 final four team. Moore is definitely one of the best defenders I seen at Mason. To be able to guard the other teams best offensive threat Each night and still be able to lead your team in scoring is remarkable. If we asked Otis to do that how productive would he be????

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer

Do others remember much about that game that would give us hope?

I made the trip to Davidson so I saw it in person. This was a game Mason should have won, considering they were up 11 at one point in the 2nd half, but Davidson does what they tend to do, put up a lot of 3's, and that is something Mason simply doesn't defend well.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I just know the 2nd go round rarely resembles the first.

twinmom

Walk-On
For those who were planning to attend the Alumni tailgate tent, those festivities have been moved to Dewberry Hall in the JC due to high winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk