Game 25: Homecoming Game, Davidson College, Saturday, February 13th, 4 PM, MASN

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You could be right. It should also be noted that Otis and Marquis are both hindered statistically by the fact that we are a terrible shooting team. We are 13th in the A10 in FG percentage and 12th in points per game. Show me a team with a lot of good shooters, and I'll show you a PG with a ton of assists. It's the most padded and misleading stat in basketball.

We are pretty bad at shooting. If we had better shooters, dear god. Otis would have 15 assists per game. Especially Murrell... he has been awful at shooting the 3 this year.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
We are pretty bad at shooting. If we had better shooters, dear god. Otis would have 15 assists per game. Especially Murrell... he has been awful at shooting the 3 this year.

To have a Vertrail Vaughns back on this team would be nice. Paul Ball couldn't figure out what to do w/him and ran him off, but would be a great fit for this squad to stretch defenses that pack in the zone against us.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Because we're old (I'm 40). I realize there is no practical reason to get the print edition, but that's not the point. Its not just getting the information, it's

1. The smell of a fresh newspaper (yes, newspapers have a distinct smell).
2. The sound of the newspaper when you open it as you go through the paper looking for the sports section.
3. Reminds of a more innocent time of my life when we drove foot propelled cars and slid down a dinosaurs back when we got off of work yelling "Yaba Daba Dooooo!"

All of these stimuli put me in the mood to tune the world out, have a cup of coffee and read the paper in my reading slippers and Mr. Rogers sweater, yell like a madman at editorials I disagree with and nod my head at editorials I agree with.

Quite simply, newspaper time is Chank time.

I wish more people were like you -- then my profession wouldn't be considered a dinosaur.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
To have a Vertrail Vaughns back on this team would be nice. Paul Ball couldn't figure out what to do w/him and ran him off, but would be a great fit for this squad to stretch defenses that pack in the zone against us.

Newman will be Vertrail, only better.

stimes

Preferred Walk-On
When the Veterans come to play we are a very good team. Jenkins is a beast, his confidence has been low all year from not being able to play through his mistakes. There is no way Jenkins should be coming off the bench. Abrams needs to come off the bench. Start Jenkins and let him regain his confidence and I guarantee you we will win more games. If we want to make some noise in March we need veteran leadership. The freshman are too inconsistent to lead this team. With Jenkins reemergence I believe this team can beat any team in the A10 on a good day!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
When the Veterans come to play we are a very good team. Jenkins is a beast, his confidence has been low all year from not being able to play through his mistakes. There is no way Jenkins should be coming off the bench. Abrams needs to come off the bench. Start Jenkins and let him regain his confidence and I guarantee you we will win more games. If we want to make some noise in March we need veteran leadership. The freshman are too inconsistent to lead this team. With Jenkins reemergence I believe this team can beat any team in the A10 on a good day!

Actually I think Jenkins fits better subbing in for Shevon, which he usually does at the under 16 time out. Playing both Jenkins and Shevon at the same time is less complementary as they are more likely to get in each other's way. Abrams is more of a slasher than Jalen, and also can shoot 3s (at least moreso than Jalen).

Besides, I think DP likes Jalen coming off the bench so he doesn't pick up early fouls. Given what he said after the game--liking that he could use Jalen on his terms rather than having referees dictating when we take him out.

I certainly have no quarrel with how Jalen played against Davidson--he was a beast yesterday playing down low (which Abrams doesn't). Jalen handled the double teams well, often dribbling out in a timely way and avoided being tied up, which sometimes limits Shevon. Let's hope that performance isn't specific to Davidson, who apparently he matches up well against.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hadn't Marko gotten his starting spot at the four back before Moore went down anyway? Obviously, we're going to have Grayer and Abram on the wing until Moore comes back. But Marko has been starting at the four since the GW game.

I don't think Paulsen has an aversion to Shevon and Jalen playing together (they've done so in a lot of games this year). I think ideally, with how short of a bench Mason has, if Jenkins could stay out of foul trouble, he would back up both Shevon and Marko at the 4 and 5 and Abram would come off the bench to spell Jaire and Moore. Dixon and Murrell would play limited minutes.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
If we want to make some noise in March we need veteran leadership. The freshman are too inconsistent to lead this team. With Jenkins reemergence I believe this team can beat any team in the A10 on a good day!

Games in March? You mean the like the CIT?

C

Cedric Dempsey

Spectator
There's a lot to digest there, but your lens is different than mine. I believe DP knows exactly why he is doing what he does including not doubling up Shevon and JJ w/o a mature backup post. JJ was a fouling machine in the past. To his credit he has grown into his role in the coaches system and the comfort level now shows. Offensive production is what people see when sometimes defensive consistency is what is needed. He is starting to deliver both w/o fouls. Props to him and the future.