Game 25: Homecoming Game, Davidson College, Saturday, February 13th, 4 PM, MASN

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
With Marquis still out and the defense currently allowing everyone to shoot the lights out we break a Homecoming crowd's (6,500) heart and lose by 17. Over/under 15 students throwing up in the stands or bathrooms? That's the real question.

smccart5

Starter
If MM is out I don't think we have a shot. I hate when we schedule good teams for homecoming. Can't we do an OOC game against a DIII school?

GMU92

Starter
With Marquis still out and the defense currently allowing everyone to shoot the lights out we break a Homecoming crowd's (6,500) heart and lose by 17. Over/under 15 students throwing up in the stands or bathrooms? That's the real question.

Over/under on the number of airplane miniature liquor bottles that make it past the Eagle Bank Arena TSA?
Over/under on the number of people who impersonate Utah State's "Wild Bill" and run around half naked in 7 degree weather, ultimately resulting in hospitalization?

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Paulsen was just on the Junkies, Moore has a high ankle sprain, isn't sure if he will play on Saturday afternoon or not.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Paulsen was just on the Junkies, Moore has a high ankle sprain, isn't sure if he will play on Saturday afternoon or not.
Any other interesting notes from the interview?

Too bad Stephania Bell isn't around to give us updates on the severity of Moore's ankle injury.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Over/under on the number of airplane miniature liquor bottles that make it past the Eagle Bank Arena TSA?

EBA security person/bag checker: "What's that?"
My wife: "A bottle..."
EBA security person/bag checker: "ok"
(Wife and I exchange puzzled but happy looks and proceed to take uber home)

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Any other interesting notes from the interview?

Too bad Stephania Bell isn't around to give us updates on the severity of Moore's ankle injury.

He drinks a lot of Diet Mountain Dew's. The Junkies said they would like to attend a game before the season is over (I bet they show up for the vcu game). The interview was barely 5 minutes long.

Steve33

Sixth Man
Homecoming against a guy who will drop 25+ (maybe 30+) and no Moore on Defense. gonna be a long day.
Davidson - 78
Mason-64
Hope its the other way around.

smccart5

Starter
Beware a D-III school, remember how the exhibition against Randolph Macon went.

hahaha yeah then we should just make this like Midnight Madness and play ourselves until we have a winning record. Or better yet, have alumni back to play the current team. That would be amazing. Bottom line is I want to be in a good mood when I show up to Brions

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Homecoming against a guy who will drop 25+ (maybe 30+) and no Moore on Defense. gonna be a long day.
Davidson - 78
Mason-64
Hope its the other way around.

Maybe we'll get lucky and MM will play. Paulsen didn't rule it out and the fact that he made the trip to Rhody may be a good sign. Trying to be optimistic as I'm driving down from NY for the game. Won't get hopes up too high though.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Maybe we'll get lucky and MM will play. Paulsen didn't rule it out and the fact that he made the trip to Rhody may be a good sign. Trying to be optimistic as I'm driving down from NY for the game. Won't get hopes up too high though.

As I was heading into the RAC today, the basketball team was just leaving. For what it's worth, Marquis wasn't wearing a boot. I tried to watch him walk but he was talking to some other players going down the stairs into a car that was picking them up---couldn't really tell how much he might have been favoring the foot.

Not wearing a boot may not mean too much as I know someone who fractured slightly her foot and while she had to wear a boot over a few weeks, it was limited to a certain number of hours a day.

Given the high ankle sprain diagnosis, my bet is that he won't play. Sadly, Gibbs will go crazy.