Game 19: GMU (13-5 / 2-3) vs St. Bonaventure (11-5 / 2-2) on Saturday, January 20, at 2:00 PM.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
In baseball it's "Oh those bases on balls!"
In bball, "Oh those turnovers."
None in the last 10 minutes. Made all the difference in the world.
Huge Win!!
BTW, who is the grey haired lady all the players hug at the end? Kathy McKay?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
In baseball it's "Oh those bases on balls!"
In bball, "Oh those turnovers."
None in the last 10 minutes. Made all the difference in the world.
Huge Win!!
BTW, who is the grey haired lady all the players hug at the end? Kathy McKay?
Yeah that’s Kathy.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Great win today- when it mattered we clamped down on defense. Bonaventure had their run but we counterpunched and finished them off. Great to see Ball contribute today and see Maddox get a few huge threes.

We did all we could with Venning. He got his, but everything was challenged.

Just a really solid win and play down the stretch. We played defense and took care of the ball.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good game all around. St.Bonny is a solid team this year.

Maddox - Needed this game to bust out his little slump. Hit crucial shots when needed.

Kelly and Hall made better shot selections tonight which paid off.

Polite - Need more consistency all around.

Build on this win and keep it going.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Outside of Okojie, the bench played 30+ minutes combined with 12 points—far better than 16 and 0 @ GW, for sure.

Ten assists for the team. And they were TEAM assists—play like a team, win like a team!

I'd rather have us figuring out things now rather than the end of February.
GO MASON!

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Going to watch the game tonight after the kids go to bed, but we’ve seen double digit leads turn into double digit losses to the Bonnie’s in the recent past so good to see Skinn going toe to toe with Schmidt and coming out on top.

Love Ball getting 8 points in 7 minutes. That’s the kind of contribution you want to see from a good shooter as a freshman.

Don’t really have anything else to say until I actually watch the game.

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
It certainly felt like lot of people. Even getting on campus you could tell it was gonna be a high attendance game. However, what happened to the officer that used to be on Braddock directing traffic? I thought I had a shot at a new pair of socks, but it wasn't meant to be. Barely made it for tip off.

Okojie has earned his minutes and likely a starting position. We need that energy out the gate.

Hopefully Ball earned himself some more minutes this game too.

I was hoping this would be a big game for Henry, but he saw limited game time. I think Newton came in before he did off a sub for Kelly. Still rooting for a game where we can see Kelly and Henry crush in the paint together.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It certainly felt like lot of people. Even getting on campus you could tell it was gonna be a high attendance game. However, what happened to the officer that used to be on Braddock directing traffic? I thought I had a shot at a new pair of socks, but it wasn't meant to be. Barely made it for tip off.

Okojie has earned his minutes and likely a starting position. We need that energy out the gate.

Hopefully Ball earned himself some more minutes this game too.

I was hoping this would be a big game for Henry, but he saw limited game time. I think Newton came in before he did off a sub for Kelly. Still rooting for a game where we can see Kelly and Henry crush in the paint together.
Agree. The fans in the stands were loud when we needed them to be. However, during Mason's second-half near-collapse it was tense and very quiet. But, once Mason began their push to retake the lead, it got quite raucous and rowdy. Patriot fans are HANGRY!

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Austin Ball.

I agree with Tom. Polite should be a shooter. Pair with Maddox and Hall and we've got some solid shooters.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Finally watched it. It’s well documented at this point that I’ve been team start Okojie since about game 5, but honestly idk how Tony can not do it after this. The offense is just so much better with him running it, more assists, he attacks the basket and got to the line for 8 FTs today, and he is our second best on the ball defender. I think we need Billups D more than Ronnie’s shooting to start games so I’d rather see Ronnie come off the bench playing 6th man minutes. The longer Tony goes without starting him, and we have these low energy spurts, it’s gonna start to be on him.