Game 19: GMU (10-8 / 6-6) vs GW (4-9 /3-3) on Wednesday, February 24, at 6PM.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think you have to qualify those finishes though.

2016 12th place finish (record 5-13) -- conference rank: 7th
2017 7th place finish (record 9-9) -- conference rank: 7th
2018 5th place finish (record 9-9) -- conference rank: 11th
2019 5th place finish (record 11-7) -- conference rank: 11th
2020 12th place finish (record 5-13) -- conference rank: 8th

So, you'll notice he's finished better when the conference has been worse.

edit: the A-10 is currently ranked 9th in 2021.

Herndon

All-Conference
His results haven’t been average at worst though. We’ve been in the PIG 2 of his 6 seasons or 33% of the time, and still don’t have a top-4 finish. Let’s not do revisionist history and pretend his highs have matched his lows.
Entirely fair. I will admit to being willing to give him a pass on his first season, but I understand that other folks will not, and I won't fault that line of reasoning.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Entirely fair. I will admit to being willing to give him a pass on his first season, but I understand that other folks will not, and I won't fault that line of reasoning.

If he had one really high end season to offset last year’s trash fire, I’d be more inclined to overlook Year 1 because the roster was so limited. But he doesn’t.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If we can beat LaSalle and Davidson loses to vcu for the final reg season games, we jump to 5th. Craziness.

Do we even have a chart or any idea for what the A10 tourney will look like with every team playing basically a different amount of A10 conference games?

Duquesne ended up being blown out La Salle by 20. So if we beat La Salle on Saturday and Davidson loses to vcu as you state above... we are the 5 seed? Guess that means we get a "bye" lol

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Watching the replay. I feel really bad for AJ. He's just like 3% off on his shots and after that monster block he gets a gimmie layup on the other end and he just shorts it...wonder what would have happened if he saw that shot go down? Also had a clean look in the first half at a 3 and he shorts that one just slightly too.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Do we even have a chart or any idea for what the A10 tourney will look like with every team playing basically a different amount of A10 conference games?

Duquesne ended up being blown out La Salle by 20. So if we beat La Salle on Saturday and Davidson loses to vcu as you state above... we are the 5 seed? Guess that means we get a "bye" lol

#5 seed plays the winner of #12-#13 play in game.
#6 seed plays the winner of the #11-#14 play in game

The top 4 seeds get a double-bye.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Atlantic_10_Men's_Basketball_Tournament

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Watching the replay. I feel really bad for AJ. He's just like 3% off on his shots and after that monster block he gets a gimmie layup on the other end and he just shorts it...wonder what would have happened if he saw that shot go down? Also had a clean look in the first half at a 3 and he shorts that one just slightly too.

Since when does he not have the Rec Specs? Did he get Lasik? Maybe it didnt work?

I dont know why we never give him an alley-oop. You know he can do it, it gets the fan(s) going, and it gets his confidence/adrenaline up for the rest of the game.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

AJ stole Goanar’s talent, now Josh has stolen it from AJ. Two years from now, Malik will steal it from Josh, who will go from all-A10 first team as a junior to averaging 2.7 ppg as a senior.

I’m only half joking.

By George.

Starter
we beat the arts school without Bones touching the ball in last 5 mins of the game. we beat gw without some of their key players. i'd say we need to check our selves b/c these wins mean very little when its in regards to extending DP and the program turning any corner.

Can’t we just enjoy the moment? You play the games laid before you against teams and players healthy enough to suit up. We are currently sitting in 6th with 2 guaranteed games left. Embrace it and then create the Fire DP banners in a few weeks.

Sure, this feels similar to past years where we finished 5th or 7th in the A10 against a soft schedule but we have wins over 2 top 4 teams and are closing the season out with a win streak. Some of you need a little more Jolly in your life.

I already told you, DP is back next year....enjoy the last few weeks of Mason hoops.

Mason32

Starter
Can’t we just enjoy the moment? You play the games laid before you against teams and players healthy enough to suit up. We are currently sitting in 6th with 2 guaranteed games left. Embrace it and then create the Fire DP banners in a few weeks.

Sure, this feels similar to past years where we finished 5th or 7th in the A10 against a soft schedule but we have wins over 2 top 4 teams and are closing the season out with a win streak. Some of you need a little more Jolly in your life.

I already told you, DP is back next year....enjoy the last few weeks of Mason hoops.

I feel like you're getting ready to applaud an 8-6 conference record for DP and I don't know if I'm for that...

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Alright Dawn.. chill

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I will say that front screen to pass from kolek that Oduro had for the wide open layup was a thing of beauty. Why don’t they call that number more?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I will say that front screen to pass from kolek that Oduro had for the wide open layup was a thing of beauty. Why don’t they call that number more?

I get the vibe they really enjoy handing the ball off, mostly because they know myself and @Patriotsince81 scream whenever they have the big at the top of the key off a hand off, lol.