Game 19: GMU (10-8 / 6-6) vs GW (4-9 /3-3) on Wednesday, February 24, at 6PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GW is currently 4 - 9 on the season and 3 - 3 in A10 play.

History: Including tournament play DP is 4 - 7 against the Colonials.

Wins: Coppin St., Fordham, Duquesne, Rhode Island
Losses: Navy, Hampton, UMBC, Delaware, William & Mary, Charlotte, Duquesne, vcu, Dayton

Schedule: https://gwsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://gwsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://s3.amazonaws.com/gwsports.com/stats/mbball/2020/pdf/cume.pdf

GW is led by 6’2” James Bishop (19.8 ppg), 6’7” Jamison Battle (18.4 ppg & 5.9 reb), 6’8” Ricky Lindo (13.0 ppg & 10.0 reb), and 6’9” Mathew Moyer (10.1 ppg & 9.6 reb). 6’9” Chase Parr rounds out the starting lineup but doesn’t always play major minutes. Lindo, who transferred from Maryland, made a big impact in his 2 games with GW. He had 13 points & 12 rebounds against vcu and 13 points & 8 rebounds against Dayton.

GW averages 72.4 points per game while giving up 73.8. The Colonials shoot 45.6% from the floor and 33.6% from 3. Opponents are shooting 45.2% from the field and 33.8% from 3. The Colonials shoot 70.6% from the free throw line. They have been out rebounded by opponents by 1.4 boards per game. They average 14.9 turnovers per contest.

The game is on ESPN+ and MASN.

My prediction: During the DP era this has been a battle of streaks. GW won the first 5, then lost to us 4 consecutive times, and then swept us last year. GW is big and they have a very nice 1 - 2 - 3 punch in Bishop, Battle, and Lindo. Contain them and we have a shot. I also believe the more than month long layoff with affect them negatively.

GMU 71 - GW 70 in a game that’s closer than it should be given the circumstances.

News outlets will report that the James Mason Patriot/Dukes squeaked by the George Madison Colonials at the Fairfax Foggy Bottom Bank Arena in Harrisonburg.

Discuss.

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
A bit of surprise...after a month without a game, GW at home beats URI by 8. It was a tied game until the last 2 minutes.

Kenpom has Mason as a 7 pt favorite.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
George Washington colonials 75
George Madison colonials of the patriot league 67

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tough one since we both just won games we probably shouldn’t have. I have no confidence in either team being consistent. Let call it Mason by 3 in an ugly game.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
No reason we should lose to GW. With Frazer in the lineup now, team plays different.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No reason we should lose to GW. With Frazer in the lineup now, team plays different.

It remains to be seen if vcu was Frazier's coming out party or not. I hope it is, because we need more options off the bench who can actually produce on both sides of the court.

My principle concern is Jamison Battle. You'd think you would put AJ on him, but he's also so good at shooting off of screens and I don't know if AJ is going to be able to chase Battle around those screens. And then there's Bishop, who I assume Greene will mostly guard. Guy has scored 20+ in 10 of their games this season. If both Battle and Bishop are on and we have no way to stop them, this could be a GW situation like we saw last year.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The Mason team we saw Saturday wins these next 2 games. Will be interesting to see if that team shows up again because consistency of focus and effort has been elusive under DP.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe AJ gets a jolt from Frazer? He certainly needs something. Maybe same jolt is contagious to the rest of the team and we see something that we haven't in a very long time.

Or, maybe we hear how great practices have been and then shit the bed per usual.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Parr and Moyer were out last game... not sure why but if that's the case I see no issue thinking Mason wins by 5 or more. Bishop and Lindo are very nice pieces and you have to guard Battle but they lack defense and if you can contain Battle (outside shooting).

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
These next two games determine will Paulsen’s fait. On paper Mason should win out and finish 7th ( I think) in the conference

Last edited: