Game 19: GMU (10-8 / 6-6) vs GW (4-9 /3-3) on Wednesday, February 24, at 6PM.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Is 8 counting all the burner accounts in here as well?

I personally love the convo going on here, at least it tells you a few people are still paying attention. Program is a year away from death, gotta fight it.

For me, winning at vcu only reinforces my belief that Mason can compete successfully at the top of the A-10 ... it should make everyone even remotely associated with the program willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. This isn’t a Fordham situation.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
For me, winning at vcu only reinforces my belief that Mason can compete successfully at the top of the A-10 ... it should make everyone even remotely associated with the program willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. This isn’t a Fordham situation.

Regaining home court advantage should be THE goal...I mean, if you can beat vcu in Richmond, imagine being able to sweep them in a season series when you get them at home? How do you do that? Well, one, you've got to put an exciting product on the court. Two, take the reigns off the student section and the pre-game experience (forget the "family atmosphere" and if you piss off the 70+ crowd so be it). Three, market the hell out of the product (to include reduced prices for some games if you have to) and get those walk-ups back.

Other than a few seasons, with the road record this team has had in the A-10, there's no reason why they can't be a top 7 program if they'd just defend the home court better.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Have we become a fan base that is never happy, wins or losses?

I think the schools true intention for the program will be clear this off season. If they are fine being middle pack in the conf, DP is the perfect coach for them. He is one of the lowest paid coaches but is a .500 finisher and beats vcu. If they end up canning him, they better shell out more money for the next person.

Sleeperpick, everything you said about Bryan is untrue lol. There I defended you Bryan......

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wow. Look at what's happening to GW right now. Wonder if SBU would beat us by 50 too right now.
Bonnie’s look great but I don’t think so. Just a reminder that there are levels to this shit, and provides some context to where we are that we let this same GW team hang around for 30 minutes.

you can buy Polite's Mt St Mary's jersey in two years when he hopefully gets recruited over... can't have a guard that plays no defense and can't shoot get minutes on a team that hopes to compete

Can you imagine being this wrong on the Internet? I mean, I like this guy, but I can see why he needs a break.