Game 15: University of Massachusetts, Sunday, January 11th, 1 PM, NO TV

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Poor defensive effort at times and Holloway's off balance shooting and poor shot selection hurt today.

I'm tired of Holloway's questionable play too. I still blame the coach more than him for not fixing his play. He forces stuff way to much - we all see it yet it still continues to happen.

KAOriginal

All-American
I felt closer to and got more excited with NC State upsetting Duke just now than our "almost won" loss.

And I could give two sh*ts about either of those ACC teams.

Now I am really really sad....

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I was at the game. I also get the ESPN ticker for half time and final (or going OT) scores for Mason.

With 6 tenths of a second left in the first half, Mason got the ball but had not in bounded it. My phone goes off with the half time score.

ESPN predicted we wouldn't put up a shot which is what happened?

In addition, late in the game, when a tie up was in the favor of Mason and the ref that was a few feet away from the play called it as such and a ref from 50 feet away runs in claiming Coach Kellogg called a timeout. I am not sure that happened, a 2nd whistle never blew.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was at the game. I also get the ESPN ticker for half time and final (or going OT) scores for Mason.

With 6 tenths of a second left in the first half, Mason got the ball but had not in bounded it. My phone goes off with the half time score.

ESPN predicted we wouldn't put up a shot which is what happened?

In addition, late in the game, when a tie up was in the favor of Mason and the ref that was a few feet away from the play called it as such and a ref from 50 feet away runs in claiming Coach Kellogg called a timeout. I am not sure that happened, a 2nd whistle never blew.

Rohland actually said the refs got it right on this one. It's too bad - would've been huge for GMU. (The TO at the end of the 2nd half). At the same time, Rohland and Butler did question some fouls that were called against GMU and also some no calls in which they felt GMU may have drawn a foul.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Rohland actually said the refs got it right on this one. It's too bad - would've been huge for GMU. (The TO at the end of the 2nd half). At the same time, Rohland and Butler did question some fouls that were called against GMU and also some no calls in which they felt GMU may have drawn a foul.

Good to know, considering where Rohland sits.

There were calls missed throughout the game, which isn't unusual, but some of those should have been called.

Hewitt was blowing timeouts as usual when he shouldn't have.

Box score: http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?id=400599602

KAOriginal

All-American
I only get worked up about bad calls when it feels like something is being taken away...esp from a good team.

Bad calls against Mason? Like someone robbing a house in the projects.....

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Par for the course nowadays. Par for the course....I don't even really know ahead of time when we play anymore. If not for the gameday post, I'd have no clue.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This game should of been a W. Sloppy game.... dumb passes/turnovers, our free throw shooting helped cost us the game, it is pretty pathetic. I would make all of the players shoot 1000 free throws after the game today. No freaking autographs sessions.... time to put in work!

Also, so many missed lay-ups and putbacks under the basket at today's game. Take your time and make your lay-ups! Jesus. Seems we are falling back in to that quicksand problem from last year.

Gray sucks.... why does he start!? Start Corey or Holloway. Hewitt's substitution patterns in the last 3 minutes were unreal and baffling yet again. We had 0 time outs left with over a minute to play in the game.

Ugh.... winnable games like these are just unacceptable, especially at home.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This game should of been a W. Sloppy game.... dumb passes/turnovers, our free throw shooting helped cost us the game, it is pretty pathetic. I would make all of the players shoot 1000 free throws after the game today. No freaking autographs sessions.... time to put in work!

Also, so many missed lay-ups and putbacks under the basket at today's game. Take your time and make your lay-ups! Jesus. Seems we are falling back in to that quicksand problem from last year.

Gray sucks.... why does he start!? Start Corey or Holloway. Hewitt's substitution patterns in the last 3 minutes were unreal and baffling yet again. We had 0 time outs left with over a minute to play in the game.

Ugh.... winnable games like these are just unacceptable, especially at home.

Tweeder, you're looking at this all wrong, man.

We won big today.

Keep racking up "wins" like this and the virus will be cured soon enough.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Anybody know why Hewitt chewed out Gray during the first half? They were coming to the bench for a timeout and Hewitt cussed at him. I've never seen Hewitt cuss. I was taking a nap at the time so I missed what Gray did. Anybody see it?

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Anybody know why Hewitt chewed out Gray during the first half? They were coming to the bench for a timeout and Hewitt cussed at him. I've never seen Hewitt cuss. I was taking a nap at the time so I missed what Gray did. Anybody see it?

I seem to remember Rohland saying it was some kind of defensive lapse. I think he was supposed to double team a UMass player and did not.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
G Mas fan shouldn't get caught up in worrying about getting wins. This is just a play out the string until new coach is brought in. That is the only thing that matters. Whether that is at the end of this season or next, who knows...

Dawgs99

Starter
It would be nice if fans could ask some questions in the presser. I'd like to see PH squirm a bit, he looks to comfortable sitting there looking though our shitty stat sheets. There is no stat for a leader who lacks brains and balls.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Remember at Brions last summer when he said he would be happy to answer emails before we posted anything? What if concerns were emailed to him and we posted the response (if any?)

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Yea, I saw it. He kept missing his defensive switches and picking up his man on defensive switches. Plus he never came back down to help advance the ball when they were pressing and trapping us a few times. He was seriously lost as to what to do.....Hewitt laid in to him big time.

Patriotfan49

Starter
It would be nice if fans could ask some questions in the presser. I'd like to see PH squirm a bit, he looks to comfortable sitting there looking though our shitty stat sheets. There is no stat for a leader who lacks brains and balls.
As hes said in many different ways before, its not a matter of his own issues, Im sure that from what he thinks he always has solid gameplans and witty plays....just a matter of his juvenile, inexperienced, rushed, boneheaded players (or whatever word he uses) not executing his perfect plays.