Game 14: GMU (7-6 / 0-0) at GW (4-9 / 0-1) on Monday, January 17, at 2PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lots of things led to this horrible loss, but why was Cooper defending within a centimeter of Basimile when Mason was up 1? Clearly, Bamasile was gonna blow by him.

Terrible loss, as Mason will likely go 0 for 2 against Dayton and Bonnies at home coming up. Could easily lose at UMass too.

Reminded me of a Hewitt/Paulsen loss, up big with a failure to stomp on opponents throat. I can't get excited about any coach until they show me something during the actual games.

With you completely. Have no idea why our best defender wasn’t on him In the final play. My only guess is that maybe he was assigned to bishop because they thought they’d go to him. I would have to rewatch it though.

This jogged a lot of bad memories though. I’m more forgiving in year 1 and the circumstances to a degree but I really don’t like seeing it at all. Not acceptable to just meltdown and give the game away and stop doing all the things they’ve been coached on.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Our defense was Paulsenesque. Never have I seen so many layups allowed to an opponent. Cancer surgery a week ago, hurried home, and I got to see this? WTF? Going to bed.
take care of yourself - have a speedy recovery - and maybe South Carolina Women's BBall may be the best shot at watching constant victories

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t really have anything to add other than that sucked and I’m depressed.

I had to stream from my phone to the tv because I don’t have cbssucksnet, but just thought I’d share https://ustvgo.tv/ for those like me for next time.

Get well 81

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
To give up a an 11 pt? lead with 4 min left and a 1/3 of the points coming from goal tends is mind blowing.

Why was coop guarding Basimile on that last drive? He got abused. Why not put Ticket on him, and Coop on Bishop?? To have Coop on him and send zero help is bad coaching.

Had a ton of time to scout these guys yet we still give up 77 pts. Yea yea rusty blah blah...that's not an excuse up 11 with 4min left.
Exactly!! Ticket is our best defender. Should have been on Bamisile. And...as was said earlier, why do we allow XJ to be in a position where the ball's in his hands beyond the arc with the clock winding down?

Cooper could have been more aggressive today. We needed him to be.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
With you completely. Have no idea why our best defender wasn’t on him In the final play. My only guess is that maybe he was assigned to bishop because they thought they’d go to him. I would have to rewatch it though.

This jogged a lot of bad memories though. I’m more forgiving in year 1 and the circumstances to a degree but I really don’t like seeing it at all. Not acceptable to just meltdown and give the game away and stop doing all the things they’ve been coached on.
Yeah - GMU was sitting at 72 with 6:40 or so left...at that point I thought the team would at least score 85. Tough not to use the word choke.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yea Cooper needed to be more assertive. We need to find a way to get all cylinders firing at once. SchwartZ gets hot, Coop disappears. I dunno.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Certainly lots to complain about in today's game, but we have to remember we were missing our best player.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Certainly lots to complain about in today's game, but we have to remember we were missing our best player.
And they were missing 3 rotation players and had to play a 5-foot gremlin who moves more slowly than I do. No excuse to lose to a 2-man team and give up 77 effing points.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And they were missing 3 rotation players and had to play a 5-foot gremlin who moves more slowly than I do. No excuse to lose to a 2-man team and give up 77 effing points.

I don’t know how long it will take for a coach who says they are going to be defense first show solid team defense, and while I didn’t see this particular game Ive seen others, and we can’t keep switching on screens when we have so many guards who can’t guard bigs and bigs who can’t guard guards.

By the way, it’s weird we played a better game of defense against freaking Kansas than we did against freaking GW.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah... but did you see Gee-Dubs' uniforms? They looked like my Halloween costume when I was seven.