Game 14: GMU (7-6 / 0-0) at GW (4-9 / 0-1) on Monday, January 17, at 2PM.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That one is on the coach, plain and simple. Can't blow a 13 point lead with six minutes left. Horrible loss....Although without Oduro, we're not a very good team anyway.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Obviously got a bit lazy at the end after our last run there, but I’ll chalk this up to rust. Need a much better showing next game, desperately need Oduro back and at full strength.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Couldn’t watch the game but way too many dunks and layups given up today. Too many turnovers late.

Only thing to hope: Bona almost lost to La Salle after their layoff (almost because they are a better team) and Mason will hopefully get back to tougher defense going forward.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Look, if you stop defending, stop sharing the ball, make careless mistakes etc, it’s not going to end well. All the things they did to get a big lead they stopped doing.

Not a good look at all. Bad bad loss. Everyone knew bamisile was getting the ball in the final moment, they did nothing to stop it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It was uncanny...Everytime I looked Henry was on Bishop. You are allowed to fight through screens occasionally.

That was exactly what they wanted because Henry couldn’t defend bishop at all. Allowed him to get to the rim easily.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
To give up a an 11 pt? lead with 4 min left and a 1/3 of the points coming from goal tends is mind blowing.

Why was coop guarding Basimile on that last drive? He got abused. Why not put Ticket on him, and Coop on Bishop?? To have Coop on him and send zero help is bad coaching.

Had a ton of time to scout these guys yet we still give up 77 pts. Yea yea rusty blah blah...that's not an excuse up 11 with 4min left.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Well hopefully we can craft some interesting questions for the next coaching show. A lot of good takeaways from individual offensive performances, but the team defense left ALOT to be desired today. My biggest concern on that end is we continue to switch everythjng and have guys get lost on switches and have pants on heads idiotic mismatches because of it. Need to work on getting guys to fight under and through screens more effectively.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Look, if you stop defending, stop sharing the ball, make careless mistakes etc, it’s not going to end well. All the things they did to get a big lead they stopped doing.

Not a good look at all. Bad bad loss. Everyone knew bamisile was getting the ball in the final moment, they did nothing to stop it

Not a good look at all. Bad bad loss. Everyone knew bamisile was getting the ball in the final moment, they did nothing to stop it.
Lots of things led to this horrible loss, but why was Cooper defending within a centimeter of Basimile when Mason was up 1? Clearly, Bamasile was gonna blow by him.

Terrible loss, as Mason will likely go 0 for 2 against Dayton and Bonnies at home coming up. Could easily lose at UMass too.

Reminded me of a Hewitt/Paulsen loss, up big with a failure to stomp on opponents throat. I can't get excited about any coach until they show me something during the actual games.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
#rocked. By us....the gw tweeter

they talkn shit on top!! I like it!