Game 10: Iona College, Saturday, December 20th, 7 PM, NBCSN

Herndon

All-Conference
If Moore could consistently hit a foul line jumper (as opposed to a foul line foul shot), he'd be hell on wheels.

Herndon

All-Conference
So, that's five solid performances in a row. I'm not going to call an OT loss to UNI or a tight loss to a good ODU team bad showings.

Is this a "good" team? No.

That said, it might not be a really bad team, either. It looks like we have a rock solid big man rotation with Thompson and Porter, and Holloway is fantastically suited to be a remorseless, Jason Terry-style gunner off the bench to lead the second unit.

Moore's jumper still looks like an abortion in progress, but I'll take tonight's performance 7 days a week, and twice on Sunday.

This is a team I can root for.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So, that's five solid performances in a row. I'm not going to call an OT loss to UNI or a tight loss to a good ODU team bad showings.

Is this a "good" team? No.

That said, it might not be a really bad team, either. It looks like we have a rock solid big man rotation with Thompson and Porter, and Holloway is fantastically suited to be a remorseless, Jason Terry-style gunner off the bench to lead the second unit.

Moore's jumper still looks like an abortion in progress, but I'll take tonight's performance 7 days a week, and twice on Sunday.

This is a team I can root for.

If we go into Wright State (#80 RPI), and win...... well then pigs may have indeed mastered flight.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Good showing by all.

Except for Vaughn. His shots were off tonight. Hewitt seems to get that if Vaughn isn't hitting early then he likely won't be.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Herndon, Moore's reportedly been working on his shot a lot. Tough to fault a kid who scored 23 points while shooting 45% from the floor and 81% from the line. Love this kid.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We suck and remain poorly coached. That's my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it. When we have 2 wins for the year in the A10 others will come around. The win tonight is much the same as the Skins win against the Eagles. Enough to keep the owners/AD's satisfied so they stay the course.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It's a tough spot for Edwards and I don't envy him.

We all have the luxury of having watched Hewitt stumble and bumble all over himself for the better part of the last four seasons. Those memories are enough to convince even the die-hards that he needs to go.

But if this team continues to show flashes of developing into something halfway decent -- and possibly even a little better than that -- it's gonna make it very difficult for Edwards to send Hewitt packing.

As much as I like this group of players, I still think that has to be the most likely outcome, though.

When the high-water mark of our OOC schedule is beating Iona at home, that's simply not good enough.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
How about we just enjoy the win? I'm not going to apologize for being happy Mason won or that the Redskins won. It's a happy night in my household, and I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Enjoy away. Nobody is trying to stop you.