Game 10: Iona College, Saturday, December 20th, 7 PM, NBCSN

Haxormax

Starter
do you f**kfaces not remember last year's IONA game where we were 0-28 in the 3rd minute? It may not have been that, but emjayrob and I drove to that game just to watch these idiots trip over their shoes against a stupid NY team. God that was miserable.

Iona 90
mason losers 40.

I hate that I wasted any money on these guys that don't want it.

JamesMason

Preferred Walk-On
If Holloway or Jenkins don't start again I'm assuming Hewitt is punting on the season and just trying to see what he's got in these newcomers.

wijg

Starter
If Holloway or Jenkins don't start again I'm assuming Hewitt is punting on the season and just trying to see what he's got in these newcomers.
I would be confused if he was punting on the season. I would assume he thinks, as the rest of us do, that he needs some success this season to remain the coach next year. If he punts on the season, then he is punting on next year as well.

I would assume it has more to do with his constant tinkering with the lineup. Outward appearances seems to imply that he thinks it is a personnel problem and that he will find the magic rotation if tries enough combinations.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I would be confused if he was punting on the season. I would assume he thinks, as the rest of us do, that he needs some success this season to remain the coach next year. If he punts on the season, then he is punting on next year as well.

I would assume it has more to do with his constant tinkering with the lineup. Outward appearances seems to imply that he thinks it is a personnel problem and that he will find the magic rotation if tries enough combinations.
I think he is right. I could remove one person and suddenly they would be a better team.

Maybe he's trying to find guys that will actually try and play a little defense from time to time and put in the work.

That's what I'd do.

Jenkins started against Catttaaawwwba and looked terrible.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I like that Hewitt is starting freshman guard Isaiah Jackson, who continues to impress me. But, I thought Hewitt made an odd move with less than 4 seconds remaining in the 1st half of the Catawba game with the Patriots on defense. He inserted Jackson & Trey Porter back in the game, both of whom had 2 personal fouls. Jackson quickly picked up his 3rd foul, & Hewitt started Holloway in his place in the 2nd half.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I like that Hewitt is starting freshman guard Isaiah Jackson, who continues to impress me. But, I thought Hewitt made an odd move with less than 4 seconds remaining in the 1st half of the Catawba game with the Patriots on defense. He inserted Jackson & Trey Porter back in the game, both of whom had 2 personal fouls. Jackson quickly picked up his 3rd foul, & Hewitt started Holloway in his place in the 2nd half.

Likely a defensive move given that Isaiah and Trey were taller than the guys they were replacing. Obviously Jackson, who was substituting for Holloway, committed an ill-advised foul which I think led to 2 pts for Catawba. I'd like to think that a player would be careful not to commit a foul (it was away from the basket if I remember correctly) in that circumstance. Freshman mistake.

N

nchoopsfam

Spectator
Can someone answer a question about tickets. I am staying near the patriot center on a trip north but don't know if we will get there in time for the game. According to the ticket site the box office will be closed. Are there no walk up ticket sales? If the box office is closed are there usually tickets for sale outside? Thanks

XTSG

Preferred Walk-On
Can someone answer a question about tickets. I am staying near the patriot center on a trip north but don't know if we will get there in time for the game. According to the ticket site the box office will be closed. Are there no walk up ticket sales? If the box office is closed are there usually tickets for sale outside? Thanks
The Athletic ticket office may be closed, but tickets are actually sold through the venue's box office. It'll be open. http://patriotcenter.monumentalnetwork.com/box-office

psyclone

Hall of Famer
The Athletic ticket office may be closed, but tickets are actually sold through the venue's box office. It'll be open. http://patriotcenter.monumentalnetwork.com/box-office

That site does say that the box office will close approximately 30 minutes after the start of the game. I'm not sure what happens after that--I would think there still would be someone at the entrance taking tickets for those who were late and already had tickets.

N

nchoopsfam

Spectator
I should be able to get there in time then. thanks guys.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Likely a defensive move given that Isaiah and Trey were taller than the guys they were replacing. Obviously Jackson, who was substituting for Holloway, committed an ill-advised foul which I think led to 2 pts for Catawba. I'd like to think that a player would be careful not to commit a foul (it was away from the basket if I remember correctly) in that circumstance. Freshman mistake.

psyclone,

Obviously, the freshmen were inserted for defensive purposes & it was an ill-advised foul. I just believe that it's an odd move when the Patriots were on defense with less than 4 seconds remaining in the 1st half, when they already had 2 fouls each.

XTSG

Preferred Walk-On
That site does say that the box office will close approximately 30 minutes after the start of the game. I'm not sure what happens after that--I would think there still would be someone at the entrance taking tickets for those who were late and already had tickets.
As long as you have a ticket you'll be able to enter even if the box office is closed.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
When I worked at the PC many moons ago, even if the box office for walk up sales closed, we held on to the Will Call tickets for any late comers. If you order tickets and set pickup for Will Call, even if you are late after the office closes, you can still get them.

polepino

Starter
When I worked at the PC many moons ago, even if the box office for walk up sales closed, we held on to the Will Call tickets for any late comers. If you order tickets and set pickup for Will Call, even if you are late after the office closes, you can still get them.
What years were u there? I was an usher from 2000 to about early 04

psyclone

Hall of Famer
psyclone,

Obviously, the freshmen were inserted for defensive purposes & it was an ill-advised foul. I just believe that it's an odd move when the Patriots were on defense with less than 4 seconds remaining in the 1st half, when they already had 2 fouls each.

Pablo,

I agree, it is counter to the standard strategy of insuring that a player doesn't pick up a 3d foul in the first half. But under the circumstance of playing "offense-defense" as it got closer to halftime, opted to go with a better defensive lineup (as you pointed out on another thread, Trey blocks a lot of shots and it's not hard to believe that Catawba would have a harder time shooting a 3 over Jackson than Holloway with the clock running out. Needless to say, it didn't work out