Game 10: Iona College, Saturday, December 20th, 7 PM, NBCSN

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Pablo,

I agree, it is counter to the standard strategy of insuring that a player doesn't pick up a 3d foul in the first half. But under the circumstance of playing "offense-defense" as it got closer to halftime, opted to go with a better defensive lineup (as you pointed out on another thread, Trey blocks a lot of shots and it's not hard to believe that Catawba would have a harder time shooting a 3 over Jackson than Holloway with the clock running out. Needless to say, it didn't work out

I think it's most telling that our "coach" felt it necessary to do an offense-defense substitution with 4 seconds left in the first half against a MFing D2 team.

Says a lot about where our program is...

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Junior forward Julian Royal, another newcomer, will miss the game (and possibly the rest of the season) after undergoing surgery on his hand.

So, as it stands now, the Patriots could possibly have 1 player redshirting (Therence Mayimba) & 2 players requesting a medical hardship waiver to restore this year of eligibility (Eric Lockett & Julian Royal).

Last edited:
OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
So, as it stands now, the Patriots could possibly have 1 player redshirting (Therence Mayimba) & 2 players requesting a medical hardship waiver to restore this year of eligibilty (Eric Lockett & Julian Royal).

Just based on his size, I thought Porter should have redshirted.

I guess it is a good thing that didn't happen.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Greetings from Playa Del Carmen.... we will win this game by 5. Thompson with 20 points.

Goodguys 70
Yawn....Another insignificant catholic school from NY 65

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Junior forward Julian Royal, another newcomer, will miss the game (and possibly the rest of the season) after undergoing surgery on his hand.
Just to clarify, that was speculation and nothing more. Not based on any inside information.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Maybe we are starting slow because it's Christmas break. Nevermind, it's Christmas break for Iona, too. There goes that theory.

Complete lack of preparation. Hewitt has us pushing the ball and taking quick shots off misses.

Then they are getting 3 on 0 fast breaks. Just stunning a college team doesn't have anyone rotate back on D after shots as well.

polepino

Starter
Complete lack of preparation. Hewitt has us pushing the ball and taking quick shots off misses.

Then they are getting 3 on 0 fast breaks. Just stunning a college team doesn't have anyone rotate back on D after shots as well.
Yeah I was annoyed no one was getting back on defense after made baskets...but look at that,were on top for now.