Game 1 GMU (0-0) vs Queens College (0-0). Thursday, Nov. 26 at 2PM.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
One final note, I'm gonna need a shrink to get thru this season.

I'll go glass half full until the holiday booze wears off, but if you had told me a year ago we'd need Josh Oduro as a sophomore to be our second leading scorer to beat Queens by a point I'd tell you we were royally f**ked in 2020-2021

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Glad to see XJ hit 3 of 4 threes — his stroke still isn’t the prettiest but he looked confident with it and that’s a huge improvement.

Kolek also looked good for a freshman playing his first game. And Oduro is developing a nice offensive package.

I think we have some decent pieces, but that was the softest, most tentative and unaggressive performance I’ve seen from a Mason team in many years. Getting bullied on the boards by a D2 team is inexcusable — particularly with a veteran squad that should be able to hit the ground running to some extent.

Hard to feel very confident about the program’s direction when you get a clunker like that to start Year 6 of the coach’s tenure. Without dramatic improvement I see no reason to give him Year 7.

KAOriginal

All-American
[QUOTE="GSII, post: 137981, member:]We looked rather DII ourselves.[/QUOTE]

I call it the Paulsen disconnect.

He can recruit and coache at the low D1 and lower level...but forgets he's in the f*cking A10.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is the reason we suck

Attachments

• 48C7CEAD-DED5-4E99-B107-65B88A7901E9.png
    48C7CEAD-DED5-4E99-B107-65B88A7901E9.png
    512.8 KB · Views: 421
OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Wow. AJ's line. 2 points, 3 rebounds, and 6 turnovers in 30 minutes against a DII team. Dare I say his worst performance ever?

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
We played awful. I’ll give it a pass if we look better these next two games, but I’m not going to hold my breath. Some guys looked completely lost.

I would say a couple nice things about how Kolek played, but I don’t want Mason32 telling me I’m only saying it because he’s white like last time.

I have given Paulsen more leash than anybody here.

We were a crappy program before he came here and he improved the team to middle of the road, and I was sympathetic to dudes getting hurt and making his job really difficult.

Nobody's hurt right now. This team is all his dudes and has been built by him. Squeaking past a division two team isn't good enough at George mason. If this is how good we are, and not just a crappy performance, then it very well may be time for a change.

That just sucked.

You sir are part of the problem. We should never have accepted Paulsen as coach like many of us preached day one. Your mindless support for mediocrity continues to set us back years. Wake up and demand we are the Gonzaga of the east. It is NCAA or bust.

We played awful. I’ll give it a pass if we look better these next two games, but I’m not going to hold my breath. Some guys looked completely lost.

I would say a couple nice things about how Kolek played, but I don’t want Mason32 telling me I’m only saying it because he’s white like last time.
Wake up sir! We will never be a championship contender under Paulsen. We are a bottom feeder CAA team under his leadership. When do we expect to get back to the final 4?? 200 years??????

Five years of Paulson. I'm ready for a change. It's just the same old stuff over and over again. Hey Queens deserved to win, totally outplayed Mason in every category. It appears we are headed for another mediocre season.

Nice start for Kolek, kid looks composed and played hard. Kudos to Jevon.

Why did we waste 5 years of our lives??? The dude sucked from day 1. We should not even have interviewed his mediocrity a**. What will it take for this program to want to win again??? Wake up people.