#FirePaulHewitt

OP
L

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Let's have a unified front. Let's use #FirePaulHewitt just in case there is a Professor or some other Mason employee with the last name Hewitt. :D

Let's take the energy of our frustration and use it in a constructive way to bing about real change. I don't know if it will work, but it is damn sure worth a try. I love the program and university too much to not at least try.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am a little confused. When we refer to Hewitt here on Masonhoops.com, should it be Bozo the Coach or Paul "Program Killer" Hewitt. I have been using the latter but I am cool with both. Maybe Paul "Program Killer" Hewitt, aka Bozo the Coach. A little long but it feels right.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If you recruit kids like okajoke, then you are a program killer.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I am a little confused. When we refer to Hewitt here on Masonhoops.com, should it be Bozo the Coach or Paul "Program Killer" Hewitt. I have been using the latter but I am cool with both. Maybe Paul "Program Killer" Hewitt, aka Bozo the Coach. A little long but it feels right.

I'm sticking with Paul Ball.

What can I say, I love the classics.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm slowly falling into the camp that hopes Mason is as bad next year as this. I'd like to see him gone, but don't see it happening. Hate to see the record improve marginally and give a stubborn AD a reason to keep him around.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'm slowly falling into the camp that hopes Mason is as bad next year as this. I'd like to see him gone, but don't see it happening. Hate to see the record improve marginally and give a stubborn AD a reason to keep him around.
For me the first sign that someone in power is not happy with the performance on the court is when Tom "Dumb a**" O'Connor's contract is not renewed in June. If it is renewed then I become one of those who might just check out as a fan for a few years.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am new to Twitter but I signed up for the sole reason to start this Hashtag.

Chank, take this advice for what's it's worth, but I find that hashtags rarely drum up much buzz because people will only find it if they are looking for those specific words. Whereas a hashtag like #KateUpton will draw millions of viewers, how many people will look for #firepaulhewitt?

My suggestion if you want to use your great wit and sense of humor is to create an account under the name FakePaulHewitt. (I just checked and it appears to be available.) You could post stuff daily or weekly like:
  • "Still have a job despite having no clue what I'm doing." #gomason
  • "Looking for another 6-6 wing even though I have no PG or big man with legitimate size." #ilovewings
  • "Just got a bonus on March 1 after having worst Mason season in more than a decade." #bestagentever
Anyway, you get the gist. You could have some fun with it, gather a lot of followers, and probably even generate some media buzz. Just a thought...

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I support everyone's efforts on the twitter campaign, but, I know very little about this twitter thing.

Do those of you that use it call yourself twits?

If a message is called a tweet, why isn't it called tweeter?

On a completely different note, do you guys want to listen to some of my albums.

#OldFart

OP
L

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Chank, take this advice for what's it's worth, but I find that hashtags rarely drum up much buzz because people will only find it if they are looking for those specific words. Whereas a hashtag like #KateUpton will draw millions of viewers, how many people will look for #firepaulhewitt?

My suggestion if you want to use your great wit and sense of humor is to create an account under the name FakePaulHewitt. (I just checked and it appears to be available.) You could post stuff daily or weekly like:
  • "Still have a job despite having no clue what I'm doing." #gomason
  • "Looking for another 6-6 wing even though I have no PG or big man with legitimate size." #ilovewings
  • "Just got a bonus on March 1 after having worst Mason season in more than a decade." #bestagentever
Anyway, you get the gist. You could have some fun with it, gather a lot of followers, and probably even generate some media buzz. Just a thought...

Thanks Tom. I am new to Twitter so I really have no idea what I'm doing but that's a great idea. I'm on it!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks Tom. I am new to Twitter so I really have no idea what I'm doing but that's a great idea. I'm on it!

Can't wait to see it. One other thing is to be sure to put a picture of Hewitt with your fake name. There are a lot of other people named Paul Hewitt, so it will make it clear right away who you are pretending to be.

Here is an example of another fake site I found that you can use as a model:

https://twitter.com/search?q=fakesportcenter&src=typd

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Fire Paul Hewitt should follow Pimp Bill Clinton on twitter. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of parody accounts out there. Most are hilarious.

sigmanorm

Starter
Kate Upton is new AD at Mason? Sweet!
1660320_731110370254711_422475368_n.jpg