#FirePaulHewitt

Irish44j

Sixth Man
just checking in to see if they fired this bum yet, since you guys would probably know immediately. Finding out that TOC hasn't fired him yet....disappointing.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Chank, take this advice for what's it's worth, but I find that hashtags rarely drum up much buzz because people will only find it if they are looking for those specific words. Whereas a hashtag like #KateUpton will draw millions of viewers, how many people will look for #firepaulhewitt?

My suggestion if you want to use your great wit and sense of humor is to create an account under the name FakePaulHewitt. (I just checked and it appears to be available.) You could post stuff daily or weekly like:
  • "Still have a job despite having no clue what I'm doing." #gomason
  • "Looking for another 6-6 wing even though I have no PG or big man with legitimate size." #ilovewings
  • "Just got a bonus on March 1 after having worst Mason season in more than a decade." #bestagentever
Anyway, you get the gist. You could have some fun with it, gather a lot of followers, and probably even generate some media buzz. Just a thought...
You mean like that guy who had FakeTomYeager?...We definitely need a fake Paul Hewitt.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
You mean like that guy who had FakeTomYeager?...We definitely need a fake Paul Hewitt.

Was there really a fake account for Yeager? That's pretty funny. If I was writing for that, I would just play up the jilted lover angle after his precious vcu left him at the alter. He went all in with building the league around his beloved Rams in downtown Richmond, and all he was left with was a scrapbook with some faded memories.

Last edited:

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Was there really a fake account for Yeager? That's pretty funny. If I was writing for that, I would just play up the jilted lover angle after his precious vcu left him at tje alter He went all in with building the league around his beloved Rams in downtown Richmond, and all he was left with was a scrapbook with some faded memories.
There still is... You might enjoy it...I think I know the guy behind it.;)

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
There still is... You might enjoy it...I think I know the guy behind it.;)

That's awesome, lawdog. Love the back and forth between fake Yeager and Pav. Only a guy who wears horns to every game would get into a spat with an imaginary tweeter.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Well, since Hewitt went home and TOC is still watching basketball in Brooklyn, my guess is they haven't had that Monday morning season in review meeting yet.

My guess is that will occur on Monday...

I would hope that means changes soon after, and not like in the Mason rehires Mike Wells kind of vein.

Jollay,

What changes do you consider to be essential?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Jollay,

What changes do you consider to be essential?
I know you asked Jollay but Ill but in.
If your going to run 4 out you need a PG. Get a bag of cash and go steal one from a bcs school bc thats the only way we win in this league. Next is help in tje x and o dept during the game.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I know you asked Jollay but Ill but in.
If your going to run 4 out you need a PG. Get a bag of cash and go steal one from a bcs school bc thats the only way we win in this league. Next is help in tje x and o dept during the game.

And if it has to be a 5th year transfer for one season then so be it. The bottom line is winning.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
And if it has to be a 5th year transfer for one season then so be it. The bottom line is winning.

Thats contingent on if you have a freshman stud that can take over after transfer guy is gone.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Next is help in tje x and o dept during the game.

GS,

I appreciate your response. I wonder if this is more of a problem of Hewitt's failure to effectively consult with his current assistants during games, than his deficiency in this facet of the game.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Even if we
Thats contingent on if you have a freshman stud that can take over after transfer guy is gone.

Even if we don't it's better than nothing. Ideally it would be great to have a stud freshman pg but realistically at this point that is unlikely. I'm just thinking at how to solve the short term. Long term is a whole other issue, and frankly, more important.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

We giving up on Moore already? There's a lot to like about Moore. He reminds me a lot of Allen his first couple of years here, but with a much better handle and court awareness and a worse shot. So he's starting at a deficit in terms of his perimeter game, but I have no doubt he's going to work all offseason trying to get it right.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We giving up on Moore already?
I've not, but if Edwards is gone, there is no other point guard on the roster. Even if Edwards is sticking around, he's not an option. Moore can't play 40 minutes. We need another point guard.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
GS,

I appreciate your response. I wonder if this is more of a problem of Hewitt's failure to effectively consult with his current assistants during games, than his deficiency in this facet of the game.

Ive never seen him yield to assistants like OCM did when for example, pete gillen drew up a curl for herring to hit a three to win caa title game vs uncw. I have seen other coaches use assistants in this regarf too. I think it means the HC hAS faith in them and are secure in themselves. Hewitt wanted to be a writer. Thats what he should go do.