Fire Dave Paulsen / Hire Tony Skinn

OP
tblack33

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yup. More eligible players out there than ever before or will ever be again. Perfect time to make a coaching change.
Also not a ton of competition from other schools making moves. We’d be up there in the attractive jobs this year, not so much next year.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I say no, and that class on paper was probably better. Jackson Lockett and Porter went on to have good D1 careers too.

Just like with Hewitt, this team will have a ceiling no matter who is in the roster because of how they are being asked to play. It’s not like Paulsen is going to recruit NBA level players here who will be able to overcome the negatives of his system.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The League is getting worse every year and Paulsen still can’t take advantage.

Time to move on.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Currently watching Kim English run pregame drills. Decided against wearing a Mason shirt and screaming at him.

This report is even better than when Luke was spotted at Quiznos when he was rumored to be transferring haha.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The League is getting worse every year and Paulsen still can’t take advantage.

Time to move on.

I know you base this on a single year, 2014, but that's the outlier...very rarely has the A10 gotten more than 3 teams into the tournament. 2019-2020 had two teams probably with a lock (Dayton, Richmond) with Dayton as a 1 or 2 seed, SLU was on the bubble with a chance to play their way in.

A few teams are currently on the downswing (UMass, St. Joes) and we have Duquesne on the upswing. I wish I could say the same about Mason, but Mason is kind of in a holding pattern (not good, not bad, just meh).

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I am hoping that between 830-9am tomorrow my phone goes crazy with friends texting me...we’ll see.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This report is even better than when Luke was spotted at Quiznos when he was rumored to be transferring haha.
Fun fact: I interned with Sport Info that season and when news broke that he was leaving he was shooting by himself in the field house. Must’ve been before the Quiznos.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Just curious are you a fan of any other sports team and do you feel the same way about whether they win or lose?

Sure--Diamondbacks, Tottenham. They haven't won shit lately but it's still fun to watch, follow, over the course of a season. Obviously I hope they win, make a play-off run, but if they don't it was still fun to watch some games, drink some beers, shoot the shit with friends about games and players.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Fun fact: I interned with Sport Info that season and when news broke that he was leaving he was shooting by himself in the field house. Must’ve been before the Quiznos.

lol- and I’m pretty sure all anyone knew was the Brian mull tweet.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I know you base this on a single year, 2014, but that's the outlier...very rarely has the A10 gotten more than 3 teams into the tournament. 2019-2020 had two teams probably with a lock (Dayton, Richmond) with Dayton as a 1 or 2 seed, SLU was on the bubble with a chance to play their way in.

A few teams are currently on the downswing (UMass, St. Joes) and we have Duquesne on the upswing. I wish I could say the same about Mason, but Mason is kind of in a holding pattern (not good, not bad, just meh).
Your right I did a quick Wikipedia search. generally the a10 is a 3 bid league. But it had a few really good years.
2020-21 (TBD but I project 2 at best)

2019-2020 (cancelled)

2018-2019 (2 teams)

2017-2018 (3 teams)

2016-2017 (3 teams)

2015-16 (3 teams)

2014-15- (3 teams)

2013 2014-6 teams (vcu, Dayton, GW, St Joes., St Louis, UMASS)

2012-13- 5 teams (St Louis, vcu, La Salle, Butler, Temple)

2011-12 4 teams (St Bona, St Louis, temple Xavier)

2010-2011 3 teams (wiki doesn’t specify which teams)