Dave Paulsen

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think Paulsen needs to tone down his political rhetoric on his twitter and focus on coaching the game of basketball. For the longest time, I felt that sports were the one beacon in our country to get away from politics.
I agree totally it is turning me off...

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
well the white knights of the politics board have seemed to make it over to talk basketball. Telling kids to vote and giving them history lessons on oppression that their ancestors went thru and some cases that they still go thru today is wrong? I always found it super weird that those types of people support athletics teams that are 60-90% African American... the shut up and dribble culture is and should be over.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Dean Smith was a leader of transcending race and treating people/players equally, respectfully etc. And he did it without wanting attention for it.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dean Smith was a leader of transcending race and treating people/players equally, respectfully etc. And he did it without wanting attention for it.
much like up to your 60s there was no Twitter or social media. His players, coaches, peers and recruits all knew his opinions... he was ahead of his time. Paulsen is doing the same thing while utilizing important social media tools to connect with players, coaches, peers and recruits. I don't get how this is attention seeking.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm all for Paulsen voicing his political opinions on social media. Recognize that he isn't posting these things for fans/donors, but for his players and recruits. Nothing he is posting is going to hurt the program, so maybe some people who are offended by it should just shut up and type.

I stand by what I've said before, I have a million problems with Paulsen as a coach, his efforts towards making his players better citizens isn't one of them. Proud that he is working to educate himself and his players, and is promoting the team being available to get involved in the political process by ensuring they have the time to vote in the elections.

Agree with his politics or not, as an American I am always happy to see people getting involved in the process.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
much like up to your 60s there was no Twitter or social media. His players, coaches, peers and recruits all knew his opinions... he was ahead of his time. Paulsen is doing the same thing while utilizing important social media tools to connect with players, coaches, peers and recruits. I don't get how this is attention seeking.

When 90% of your recruiting pool is Black teenagers, you’d think more coaches would want to be visible in advocacy for education on social issues that matter (or should) to those recruits’ parents. Can’t see how it could ever be spun as a negative to offer a high-quality college education in the classroom, on the court and beyond.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So, it is a recruiting angle? Pitino has prostitutes, Dave has wokeness. Whatever works. Just better win.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Praying for Bill Rohland and his upcoming battle. I've always enjoyed listening to our games with him since his days covering them with Bryon Kerr. Ever since Kerr left Bill has been holding down the fort with occasional side kicks, but nobody has lasted. I wish the AD would give him a good partner and a Coaches Show for our program. To have such a talent and not capitalize on it is a shame.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I just tried the new Mountain Dew Zero Sugar. Not a fan. It tastes like some store brand version of diet Mtn Dew.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Using Verbal Commits start ranking average of existing players on the roster, here is where we rank when compared to other A10 teams plus CAA and SoCon teams:

upload_2020-9-2_15-59-26.png

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
James Madison is ahead of us in recruiting! James F*ucking Madison!

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Who cares about Verbal Commits?
anyone not named Jimbo... they take Rivals and 24/7 and put it in one place. Since we all know you don't care about nor know about analytics and think stars are unimportant it makes sense that this is your stance. You loved KenPom until it proved you so epically wrong last year. Do you hate that now too?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
anyone not named Jimbo... they take Rivals and 24/7 and put it in one place. Since we all know you don't care about nor know about analytics and think stars are unimportant it makes sense that this is your stance. You loved KenPom until it proved you so epically wrong last year. Do you hate that now too?

The one problem with this, though, is that Darius Johnson and Rafael Castro are both 2 stars on Verbal Commits, so if we had landed either/both of them, that wouldn't have improved our rankings at all...but those players obviously would have improved the quality of our roster. Pretty much all of our top targets are 2 star on Verbal commits -- Ilver, Castro, Folkes, Berry (all of those guys have at least one A-10/P5 offer, some with many). The only guy who isn't is Williamson.

Erik Reynolds was a 2 star on VerbalCommits all the way up to him choosing St. Joes and then he got re-rated a 3 star. I'm not sure how that happened over the summer when no one is really playing, but OK.

Bonnies are right with us because guys like English, Lofton, and Osun are all 2 star guys...but are they really?

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Honestly it doesn’t matter, pick your medium that looks at recruiting, and Dave is one of the worst recruiters in the conference for all of them. Trust em, don’t trust em, doesn’t matter. When every single data point points to it it’s probably right.