Dave Paulsen

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Honestly it doesn’t matter, pick your medium that looks at recruiting, and Dave is one of the worst recruiters in the conference for all of them. Trust em, don’t trust em, doesn’t matter. When every single data point points to it it’s probably right.

Only data point that matters is win-loss record, IMHO. The rest is just conversation.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lol well sure I guess I can rest my case then.

Yeah, but think about it another way. Two seasons ago, we had 4 star Reuter, 3 star Mar, 3 star AJ, and 3 star Hartwell all on the team. That would put us tied for UMass essentially for recruit rankings. Were we a better team two seasons ago than what we have going into this season?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah, but think about it another way. Two seasons ago, we had 4 star Reuter, 3 star Mar, 3 star AJ, and 3 star Hartwell all on the team. That would put us tied for UMass essentially for recruit rankings. Were we a better team two seasons ago than what we have going into this season?
Reuter wasn't a 4 star on Rivals or 24/7 to my knowledge but carry on

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Age has a lot to do with that. 2 of those 4 flopped I’ll give you that, but now we are going into AJs senior and 3 star hartwells junior season with probably one of the most talented teams Paulsen has had, so yeah we weren’t better then but the counterpart of the argument is they were higher ranked and developed and we are much better now.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And look at that offer sheet. Gonzaga? UConn? It’s almost like it’s difficult to project what an 18-year-old kid is going to become.

Super skilled. He just lost all of the athleticism he had when he was a high school senior by the time he got to us. But maybe he never leaves UVA if he could still move laterally and explode to the rim.

As for our current crop of 2 star recruits: Polite, Kolek, Henry, Frazier, Gadsden, Johnson, Oduro, Haidara -- we may or may not get a chance to see if Paulsen's recruiting has "gotten better" over the last two to three years or not.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And look at that offer sheet. Gonzaga? UConn? It’s almost like it’s difficult to project what an 18-year-old kid is going to become.
maybe those were some of those contingent offers you taught us all about.. we will never know I guess