Coach's Show with Kim English

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That’s cool at least. I have no idea what the plan is or anything. I suspect there are big plans considering everything else.
They have been giving away $100 in Oh George gift cards every game since the spring semester started. I think they do it at the U8 timeout of each half.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Clearly CKE is getting annoyed about the lack of a supportive crowd. I'd hate for that to be a reason for him to consider going elsewhere when other schools come to lure him away.

I’d actually argue he’d use it the other way around. I’ve turned around a program, rebuilt support and tradition. He’s here and that’s all that matters.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Clearly CKE is getting annoyed about the lack of a supportive crowd. I'd hate for that to be a reason for him to consider going elsewhere when other schools come to lure him away.
If that is even a consideration for CKE, then we hired the wrong guy in the first place. I don’t think it is at all for him.

A decade of shitty basketball does not warrant big crowds especially for the northern Virginia area.

I’m glad he’s very conscious and disappointed of the crowd. We need someone to be conscious of that and no better person than the head coach.

But if he feels he needs to go somewhere else because of that, that’s weak. He was hired to build something here and I don’t think anything is going to stop him from succeeding here not only in terms of wins/losses but overall passion from the community and Alumni alike.

Buckle up fellas. It going to be fun in Fairfax the next couple of years at least.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I love KE showing his emotions on things. He said from day 1, what you see is what you get. The fan turnout is annoying. However, 3 months is not enough time for casual fans to get to know the team and get pumped to turn up. Aside from the fanatics here and there, the Fairfax community needs more time to get there noses out of the sky, and into Kim's program. And, they want big games to go to out of conference. Mason alums should trump the fairfax community and maybe they will once true and consistent change is here.

Lamb Chops for dinner!!

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If that is even a consideration for CKE, then we hired the wrong guy in the first place. I don’t think it is at all for him.

A decade of shitty basketball does not warrant big crowds especially for the northern Virginia area.

I’m glad he’s very conscious and disappointed of the crowd. We need someone to be conscious of that and no better person than the head coach.

But if he feels he needs to go somewhere else because of that, that’s weak. He was hired to build something here and I don’t think anything is going to stop him from succeeding here not only in terms of wins/losses but overall passion from the community and Alumni alike.

Buckle up fellas. It going to be fun in Fairfax the next couple of years at least.
ESPN 2 announcers talked about Colorado States coach being in an empty arena when he was hired a few years ago, it was a sellout with all the old folks on their feet last night. With wins, comes atmosphere. If he keeps on doing what he’s doing, the crowds and energy will come, and they’ve already started improving.

Herndon

All-Conference
I love KE showing his emotions on things. He said from day 1, what you see is what you get. The fan turnout is annoying. However, 3 months is not enough time for casual fans to get to know the team and get pumped to turn up. Aside from the fanatics here and there, the Fairfax community needs more time to get there noses out of the sky, and into Kim's program. And, they want big games to go to out of conference. Mason alums should trump the fairfax community and maybe they will once true and consistent change is here.

Lamb Chops for dinner!!
We're also just not appreciably better, yet.

We're recruiting better, and so we're likely to get better, but at the moment, we're right where we've been the past few years.

2022: 7th in A-10
2021: 6th
2020: 12th
2019: 5th
2018: 7th

I like English, and I think he's going to work here, but right now fans have to go more on the eye test, and recruiting rankings, than on results. When the results come (and I think they will, if we keep recruiting at the level we are), I expect we'll see better community/university buy-in

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Will Bill ask him about the Missouri job?

Don't miss the final George Mason Basketball Coach's Show with Kim English, presented by SN Mortgage, on Monday, March 21st.

The show, which begins at 7 p.m., will be hosted by Glory Days Grill at their Barcroft Plaza location in Falls Church (6341 Columbia Pike, Falls Church, Va. 22041).

Fans are invited to join men's basketball head coach Kim English and radio play-by-play announcer Bill Rohland. The show will also be streamed live to Mason Athletics' Official Facebook and YouTube pages.
- Happy Hour Food & Drink special available until 9pm ($5 signature cocktails)
- Monday is burger night - $6.99 classic burgers
- Arrive early to get a table & order food before the show starts

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Bill will be out "sick"....and Jollay will guest host. Questions will be centered around beer and gambling. Possibly sleeping on sidewalks.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Bill will be out "sick"....and Jollay will guest host. Questions will be centered around beer and gambling. Possibly sleeping on sidewalks.

Wouldn’t mind PiKapp co-hosting so we can hear his takes on bourbon and Abrams tanks…

It would seem weird not to ask him, though, considering this show has to be about the off-season and prepping for next year, right? At least part of it.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Wouldn’t mind PiKapp co-hosting so we can hear his takes on bourbon and Abrams tanks…

It would seem weird not to ask him, though, considering this show has to be about the off-season and prepping for next year, right? At least part of it.
Speaking of PiKapp, I haven't noticed any posts by him in a long time.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Not to sound like GS and the other conspiracy theorists, but with tonight's Coach's Show being "postponed," it's impossible for me to not come to one conclusion: Bill Rohland is leaving to do PxP for a bigger program.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, folks. Best of luck, Bill!

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not to sound GS and the other conspiracy theorists, but with tonight's Coach's Show being "postponed," it's impossible for me to not come to one conclusion: Bill Rohland is leaving to do PxP for a bigger program.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, folks. Best of luck Bill!
great news! good for both sides...

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not to sound GS and the other conspiracy theorists, but with tonight's Coach's Show being "postponed," it's impossible for me to not come to one conclusion: Bill Rohland is leaving to do PxP for a bigger program.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, folks. Best of luck Bill!
Or something infinitely more important like KE going to visit a potential transfer.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
What a great selling tool. "Look, we want you at Mason so bad that I cancelled my coaches show tonight to meet with you. Now I have 14 disappointed fans who are upset with me, but you are worth it."
14? There will be at least 18 disappointed fans, Gunnie, no need to sell us short

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Tonight’s George Mason Basketball Coach’s Show has been postponed.
It is rescheduled for Monday, March 28.

#RockWithUs - The show, which begins at 7 p.m., will be hosted by Glory Days Grill at their Barcroft Plaza location in Falls Church (6341 Columbia Pike, Falls Church, VA. 22041).

Fans are invited to join men's basketball head coach Kim English and radio play-by-play announcer Bill Rohland. The show will also be streamed live to Mason Athletics' Official Facebook and YouTube pages.
- Happy Hour Food & Drink specials available until 9 pm ($5 signature cocktails)
- Monday is burger night - $6.99 classic burgers
- Arrive early to get a table & order food before the show starts