Coach's Show with Kim English

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
YouTube stream doesn't appear to be working.

Facebook stream is coming in crystal clear. Sounds like a some people made it out to watch live too.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
"You'll never hear me say, wait till I get my guys as an excuse or crutch."

Thank. God. Like a kid on Christmas eve right now.
Wow! Assuming responsibility from the get-go! Now there's a novel approach.

JPgmuswim

Starter
I really enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing this weekly show, hopefully it gains some traction and more than 35 of us watch the live feed.

I also hope the school can get some fans in the seats. It’s definitely going to take some time to happen.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Loved listening to this and hope it continues beyond this year

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Numbers of viewers for this will increase when the wins start piling up. Right now it’s just the diehards.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Overall I enjoyed it and am glad they are doing it. Hope they start taking some viewer questions at some point.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kim wasn't kidding when he was talking about Tennessee's non-conference schedule:
-Villanova and either UNC or Purdue in Connecticut
-at Colorado
-Texas Tech at MSG
-Memphis in Nashville
-home to Arizona
-home to East Tennessee St and UNC Greensboro who have been "on the bubble" programs (at worst) the past few years

It would take Georgetown three seasons to play that many quality non-conference opponents....

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Kim wasn't kidding when he was talking about Tennessee's non-conference schedule:
-at Colorado
-Texas Tech at MSG
-Memphis in Nashville
-home to Arizona
-home to East Tennessee St and UNC Greensboro who have been "on the bubble" programs (at worst) the past few years

It would take Georgetown three seasons to play that many quality non-conference opponents....
St. Leo's is not a quality non-conference opponent!? Who knew!?

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
-at Colorado
-Texas Tech at MSG
-Memphis in Nashville
-home to Arizona

The “scheduling teams who are projected to finish near the top of their conference” ideology that KE mentioned last night is something I’ve heard from Barnes several times over the years.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The “scheduling teams who are projected to finish near the top of their conference” ideology that KE mentioned last night is something I’ve heard from Barnes several times over the years.
At face value (without examining the actual ranking math) it seems kind of risky from a qualifying for the tournament standpoint. I would think that top teams in low conferences could end up with low NET rankings because the play so many low NET teams even if they are actually good. So, their NET maybe lower than deserved. They might be good enough to beat you, as well. So, you don't get credit for beating a good team if you win and you risk losing to them at the same time.

That is what it would seem to me, what is wrong with my logic here?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
At face value (without examining the actual ranking math) it seems kind of risky from a qualifying for the tournament standpoint. I would think that top teams in low conferences could end up with low NET rankings because the play so many low NET teams even if they are actually good. So, their NET maybe lower than deserved. They might be good enough to beat you, as well. So, you don't get credit for beating a good team if you win and you risk losing to them at the same time.

Agree with this exactly. Our SOS is going to look pretty bad, even if some of these teams win their leagues they’ll still be in the 150-200 range in NET. All risk, little reward. I’d like to see us schedule to be in the top 25% in the A10 for SOS by year 3.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Agreed for us, but for Tennessee is going to play in the SEC so whatever the NET risks are by playing ETSU and Greensboro are trumped by the SEC NET benefits. Like you, I'm saying that without looking at the numbers

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Depends on how low down the totem poll you go.

So here’s a list of conference leaders and their NET (Conferencr order is conference rank: Southern is 10th-OVC 28th).

Southern: Furnan (75)
MVC: Loyola-Chicago (10)
MWC: San Siego State (18)
Patriot: Colgate (9)
Conference USA: North Texas (59)
MAC: Toledo (67)
CAA: Drexel (135)
Big West: Santa Barbara (54)
Sun Belt: Georgia State (128)
America East: Vermont( 115)
MAAC: Iona (138)
Northeast: Bryant (128)
WAC: Abilene Christian (74)
Horizon: Wright State (71)
Atlantic Sun: Liberty (86)
Big South: Winthrop (55)
Summit: SDSt (123)
OVC: Belmont (90)

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Depends on how low down the totem poll you go.

So here’s a list of conference leaders and their NET (Conferencr order is conference rank: Southern is 10th-OVC 28th).

Southern: Furnan (75)
MVC: Loyola-Chicago (10)
MWC: San Siego State (18)
Patriot: Colgate (9)
Conference USA: North Texas (59)
MAC: Toledo (67)
CAA: Drexel (135)
Big West: Santa Barbara (54)
Sun Belt: Georgia State (128)
America East: Vermont( 115)
MAAC: Iona (138)
Northeast: Bryant (128)