Changes coming to EagleBank Arena?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Guys, we may need an 18k seat arena. KE might take over the region.

JPgmuswim

Starter
If in three years we had to remove the corner ads because we needed the seating, I’d die and go to heaven.
If that happens I hope the school is willing to aggressively try and keep him a long as possible.
If he turns it around here that quickly P5’s will be lined up.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Coach L stayed here 14 years. He could of left a few times and didn't. I believe there is 2 reasons for that. Relationship with Merten and Location. Both could be duplicated with KE.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I’ve been so happy the last few days with the possibilities English can bring to our program, but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. Maybe we should let the guy coach one game before we worry about losing him or adding seats at the Eagle Bank Arena.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I’ve been so happy the last few days with the possibilities English can bring to our program, but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. Maybe we should let the guy coach one game before we worry about losing him or adding seats at the Eagle Bank Arena.

I agree. It's great to see enthusiasm among the fans. Hopefully the team, or most of them, feel it as well. But what happens when the season starts and we lose our first 5 games (like what happened to Joe Gibbs in his first run at being a Head Coach)? Hope the take off is a smooth one, but there are no guarantees even with the best of coaches.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

should I just start the fire Kim English thread now? Haha

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
should I just start the fire Kim English thread now? Haha

I’m as guilty as everybody here when it comes to buying into the hype. I’ve watched the video Mason put out today 15 times, and I legally changed my son’s name to Kim this afternoon.

We have all been deprived for 10 years of playing in the NCAA and NIT tournaments, so I think we all desperately hope he’ll be the answer. So, yes, to honor the reverse-jinx gods, you owe it to all of us to start the “Fire Kim English” thread immediately. :cool:

Pablo

Hall of Famer
That is true - but with recent improvements to roof and other areas (lighting, sound, power, etc) the Vines reno approach could be cost effective.

I wonder if Mason could incorporate some of the features included in the Robins Center renovation?

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I wonder if Mason could incorporate some of the features included in the Robins Center renovation?

Mimicking the Robbins Center approach might be too small a vision - I again point to what the Vines center did at Liberty - that place has turned out very well and has multiple uses.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
In a word.. yes.

I love that arena.

The advantages of the Robbins Center approach is that the bowl design in that facility is similar to EBA - we could use the upper sections to build out club seating/boxes and build additional facilities around the main building.

I could go for that. I think it would be more cost effective. but we need to transform the outer area and update the outside and access, lighting, etc.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Add to that - I would add slightly wider seats with cushioning to make them more comfortable - I wouldn't mind reducing overall seated capacity to 7500 by doing that and adding club seating area and boxes. add some interior bling.

This could be done for about 50-60 million.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I feel you. My wife woke me up in the middle of the night: "Who the f*ck is Kim?!" ... guess I was dreaming...

jake.jpg