Changes coming to EagleBank Arena?

MasonSAE4

All-Conference
Just got around to listening to Petey’s interview with Brad. The way he worded it sounded like Mason has some plans to do something facilities wise attached to EBA on top of finishing phase II at the RAC. Is this right or did I interpret that wrong? Seems very ambitious for a program that raises less money than the guy playing the tuba at the metro station

gmubrian

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just got around to listening to Petey’s interview with Brad. The way he worded it sounded like Mason has some plans to do something facilities wise attached to EBA on top of finishing phase II at the RAC. Is this right or did I interpret that wrong? Seems very ambitious for a program that raises less money than the guy playing the tuba at the metro station
Doesn't that guy walk to EBA playing his tuba down Braddock Rd, and play with our band sometimes. So, maybe he is funding things! ;-) ;)

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

there is always state money - the new President has been working the Governor and state house

mkaufman1

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

No, you are correct. There definitely has been some talk on what to do. Now that Dr Washington likes sports, perhaps things move a little faster. I've heard a bunch of things from adding onto Eaglebank (like Brad said) to various others that I don't want to repeat on here haha.

My hope is that they can move things quicker than other studies. I feel like they have been studying Eaglebank Arena for like 10 years at this point.

MasonSAE4

All-Conference
No, you are correct. There definitely has been some talk on what to do. Now that Dr Washington likes sports, perhaps things move a little faster. I've heard a bunch of things from adding onto Eaglebank (like Brad said) to various others that I don't want to repeat on here haha.

My hope is that they can move things quicker than other studies. I feel like they have been studying Eaglebank Arena for like 10 years at this point.
Playing your cards close the vest, eh? That’s fine. I was going to donate to the site, but I guess I’ll just DDoS it instead.

mkaufman1

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Playing your cards close the vest, eh? That’s fine. I was going to donate to the site, but I guess I’ll just DDoS it instead.

Ha- I mean its nothing groundbreaking. Like a new arena down Braddock Road for an athletic village of some sort. But its all so preliminary because they have to figure out the master plan that sharing it would only get our hopes up, when we'd be more likely to see a new parking deck. That is really why I don't want to say much because I don't have high hopes and don't want to give high hopes of anything considering the pace Mason has moved.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ha- I mean its nothing groundbreaking. Like a new arena down Braddock Road for an athletic village of some sort. But its all so preliminary because they have to figure out the master plan that sharing it would only get our hopes up, when we'd be more likely to see a new parking deck. That is really why I don't want to say much because I don't have high hopes of anything considering the pace Mason has moved.

I like the sound of a new arena down braddock road with an athletic village

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah- I mean who doesn't, but I'm not holding my breath. Which is why I wasn't even sure if it was worth mentioning haha.

well it would fit in with the plans to use the land where EBA and the parking lots are and the lot across for academic buildings and put all Athletic stuff out on the other side of the campus. So its probably what they want to do.

Spring Donor Drive

Total amount
$871.01
Goal
$500.00
Donation ends:

Top Donors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vol4Life