Changes coming to EagleBank Arena?

Dawgs99

Starter
Definitely think an update similar to that of the Robbins Center is the move. As mentioned before, we just put a bunch of money into EBA with the roof, locker rooms etc. so I see no chance of building a completely new venue. IMO, EBA desperately needs a new seating bowl configuration, some kind of suite seating area, and more hospitality space. I dropped the gold room 2 years ago because its far too crowded in there and finding a table was difficult. Also they need TV's in the hospitality spaces so you can watch other games while you're in there.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Definitely think an update similar to that of the Robbins Center is the move. As mentioned before, we just put a bunch of money into EBA with the roof, locker rooms etc. so I see no chance of building a completely new venue. IMO, EBA desperately needs a new seating bowl configuration, some kind of suite seating area, and more hospitality space. I dropped the gold room 2 years ago because its far too crowded in there and finding a table was difficult. Also they need TV's in the hospitality spaces so you can watch other games while you're in there.

Agreed - You could reconfigure the bowl - and then add additional space around the main bowl area for dedicated hospitality space, retail, etc.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks like Dane Fischer is about to get an upgrade... We need a couple high roller donors.

https://www.dailypress.com/sports/c...0210324-y6ud2q457vc5xntpgab2j6glnm-story.html

The campaign’s goals include raising $33 million to supplement the building of a new Sports Performance Center and renovation of Kaplan Arena. Enhanced strength and conditioning, sports medicine and practice facilities will be among the upgrades.

About $41 million has already been pledged for the project, most by the Boehly and Mackesy families. But Martin said a “gap” of $7.5 million must be met quickly to begin the design phase, possibly as early as the end of 2021.

NISCGS7SFJB4PPSWVE5IQWDGTA.jpg

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like Dane Fischer is about to get an upgrade... We need a couple high roller donors.

https://www.dailypress.com/sports/c...0210324-y6ud2q457vc5xntpgab2j6glnm-story.html

The campaign’s goals include raising $33 million to supplement the building of a new Sports Performance Center and renovation of Kaplan Arena. Enhanced strength and conditioning, sports medicine and practice facilities will be among the upgrades.

About $41 million has already been pledged for the project, most by the Boehly and Mackesy families. But Martin said a “gap” of $7.5 million must be met quickly to begin the design phase, possibly as early as the end of 2021.

We’ll see if Dane is around to reap the benefits of it, I think the jury is still out on him in Williamsburg.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Gotta love the optimism inherent in architectural renderings ... as if W&M would ever have a crowd that size for a basketball game LOL

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Gotta love the optimism inherent in architectural renderings ... as if W&M would ever have a crowd that size for a basketball game LOL
Jim, they are obviously hosting the George Mason Englishmen in this rendering. We are coming back to colonize Williamsburg, and we have filled their arena with our army.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agreed - You could reconfigure the bowl - and then add additional space around the main bowl area for dedicated hospitality space, retail, etc.

Not really sure how much retail you’d want given where EBA sits, but definitely a hall of fame and Mason athletic apparel store that’s bigger and better than the bookstore would be good.

Also, yeah actual hospitality club rooms.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Any reduction in capacity is probably off the table. I'd prefer like 8,000 but with convocations, events, and HS graduations I just can't imagine them dropping capacity.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Last edited:

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Coach L stayed here 14 years. He could of left a few times and didn't. I believe there is 2 reasons for that. Relationship with Merten and Location. Both could be duplicated with KE.
Coach L was old lol

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
If there’s something in desperate need of an upgrade, it’s Coach English’s office. I know he said he doesn’t care what it looks like, but there’s no way that office is impressing any recruits that are visiting. It needs new paint, a legit tv wall mount and not just a big block of wood behind the tv, update the trim, furniture from this decade, new picture frames... it’s really bad. Isn’t there some HGTV show where we can submit to have an office makeover?

https://twitter.com/masonmbb/status/1375108866170478599?s=21

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If there’s something in desperate need of an upgrade, it’s Coach English’s office. I know he said he doesn’t care what it looks like, but there’s no way that office is impressing any recruits that are visiting. It needs new paint, a legit tv wall mount and not just a big block of wood behind the tv, update the trim, furniture from this decade, new picture frames... it’s really bad. Isn’t there some HGTV show where we can submit to have an office makeover?

Agree the office needs a facelift. It’s dated.

But if Kim is taking recruits to his office instead of the locker room and/or practice facility, he’s doing it wrong.

JPgmuswim

Starter

I was thinking the same thing. Why would that office not have been upgraded long ago. Guess it fit our last coach.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Agree the office needs a facelift. It’s dated.

But if Kim is taking recruits to his office instead of the locker room and/or practice facility, he’s doing it wrong.

You don’t think they go to more than one spot?

I mean, just seeing some of the interviews today from his office was cringe worthy. I gotta imagine some zoom calls are being made from there as well. Can’t have it.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
You don’t think they go to more than one spot?

I mean, just seeing some of the interviews today from his office was cringe worthy. I gotta imagine some zoom calls are being made from there as well. Can’t have it.

I was mostly kidding.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Phase II includes offices...just saying.

Last edited:

JPgmuswim

Starter

Compare Mason’s to Winthrop’s
https://twitter.com/patkelsey/status/1376296332185452544?s=21

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Rick Barnes’ office is a folding table at half court of the practice facility. He has an actual office, but he never goes in there. That’s what our guy is coming from.