2024 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
One who will apparently attack the rim when it counts. JF relied WAY too much on the 3 IMO. Still wish him all the best but if we land this young man we may actually have the better player.
Blocker is way under the radar compared to JF as far as rankings, but he’s just as explosive an athlete and is clearly better on the defensive end at this point in his development.

With his tools, if he had a more consistent jumper he’d probably be ranked top-100 with numerous P6 offers.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ty Bevins comment on Martin Somerville’s photoshoot on his Mason visit :eek:

F7E8BDF9-D135-4698-86FC-E60AD9562CC0.jpeg

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Massive week ahead for recruiting. Coaches will be on the road all week.

- Nike EYBL Peach Jam in Augusta
- Adidas 3SSB Finals near Charlotte
- Under Armour UAA Finals near Atlanta

I’ll have a full Peach Jam preview tomorrow morning along with top remaining targets across all grassroots circuits.

The recruiting accounts are going to be VERY active this week.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Alrighty here we go:

Top Remaining 2024s: *Subject to change

Nike EYBL:
Justin Begg - PG *visited*
Landren Blocker - SG/Wing
Dylan Warlick - Wing
Martin Somerville - CG *visited*
Ashton Simmmons - PG
Chris McDermott - Forward
Bryson McGlothin - Wing

Adidas 3SSB:
Lewis Walker - Forward *visited*
Ty Bevins - SG *visited*
Jamie Vinson - PF/C

Adidas Gold:
Divine Ugochukwu - SG

UAA:
Baraka Okojie - PG *visited*
Sean Birmingham - Wing

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peach Jam preview:

For those who do not know, the Peach Jam is the final tournament on the Nike EYBL Circuit. It will run from Monday 7/3 until Sunday 7/9 when they crown a champion. The EYBL is widely considered the best of the grassroots shoe circuits. Among the many reasons I agree with that is their free livestreaming of every game on their website. Adidas is $25 for a day pass to steam. Under Armour is $20. Nike is free all day, every day.

Like last year, myself and 1 or 2 others will be watching games and pulling highlights for the Recruiting Account. With that being said, I am going to list out the game schedules for our 2024 EYBL targets, so if you're interested in watching any of them live, you will know when and where to find them. The schedules run through Friday as of now. Saturday & Sunday are based on results throughout the week.

All games will stream right here: https://nikeeyb.com/courts1-6

Justin Begg - PG - Houston Hoops #11
Landren Blocker - SG/Wing - Brad Beal Elite #12
Dylan Warlick - Wing - Team Griffin #23
Martin Somerville - CG - Team Melo #3
Ashton Simmmons - PG - JL3 Elite #2
Chris McDermott - Forward - JL3 Elite #15
Bryson McGlothin - Wing - JL3 Elite #24

Monday - 7/3
10:30am - Team Griffin - Court 1
4:30pm - JL3 Elite - Court 1
4:30pm - Team Melo - Court 3/4
6pm - Brad Beal - Court 2
7:30pm - Houston Hoops - Court 5

Tuesday - 7/4
9am - Team Griffin - Court 2
4:30pm - Houston Hoops - Court 5
6pm - JL3 Elite - Court 3/4
6pm - Team Melo - Court 2
7:30pm - Brad Beal - Court 3/4

Wednesday - 7/5
12pm - Team Griffin - Court 6
12pm - JL3 Elite - Court 3/4
4:30pm - Houston Hoops vs. Brad Beal - Court 3/4
7:30pm - Team Melo - Court 2

Thursday - 7/6
9am - Team Griffin - Court 5
6pm - Team Griffin - Court 6
6pm - JL3 Elite - Court 1
7:30pm - Houston Hoops - Court 3/4
7:30pm - Brad Beal vs Team Melo - Court 2

Friday - 7/7
3pm - Brad Beal - Court 3/4
4:30pm - Houston Hoops vs. Melo - Court 3/4
6pm - JL3 Elite - Court 1
7:30pm - Team Griffin - Court 5

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like one of those dudes who ends up at Davidson and we hate facing him for what feels like 14 years.

I like Lewis Walker more and gotta believe he’s No. 1 among our wing targets, but Warlick can definitely play at our level,
The Davidson comp is spot on. Warlick has started to extend his offensive game out to the 3pt line, and he’s hitting, which is why he picked up 8 offers in June. He’s very physical. Gets to the free throw line a ton. Makes good decisions.

Walker is exclusively a small ball 4. Doesn’t really step out (atleast not yet). Extremely efficient. I know Walker is a priority.

Both are viewed as undersized, but if they were 6’8 we’d have no chance.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Watching the JL3 game. Definitely like Warlick over these guys. Learn alot more watching them in game than a highlight tape.
McDermott has had a good game. 16pts & 13rebs so far. Simmons and McGlothin not so much. JL3 is getting worked. Don't know much about McGlothin. Simmons is usually a stat sheet stuffer at PG.

Somerville is having a quiet game for Team Melo.

Every game can't be your best. Long week ahead.

gmuballer14

Sixth Man
McDermott has had a good game. 16pts & 13rebs so far. Simmons and McGlothin not so much. JL3 is getting worked. Don't know much about McGlothin. Simmons is usually a stat sheet stuffer at PG.

Totally agree are you there in person or watching online?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Watching the JL3 game. Definitely like Warlick over these guys. Learn alot more watching them in game than a highlight tape.
Yeah, I'm not much into highlight tapes.
(Especially the music :greentongue:. I know, I know)

FreeGunston12

All-American

I tuned in for a bit. Looks like JL3 and Team Melo faced much stiffer competition than Warlick's team this morning. Let's see if Warlick can keep up his production throughout the event.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Warlick looks legit, seems like he could develop into a first team A10 type talent with a few seasons under him. Not a project player by any means, but also probably not a day one major minutes getter. Any gas to him being the target behind Walker?
Going into this week I know that Begg & Walker were priorities. Warlick is certainly making a case.

Walker will play against Ty Bevins’ team on Thursday at the Adidas Final and I plan to tune into that. I know members of the staff will be there.

gmuballer14

Sixth Man
Going into this week I know that Begg & Walker were priorities. Warlick is certainly making a case.

Walker will play against Ty Bevins’ team on Thursday at the Adidas Final and I plan to tune into that. I know members of the staff will be there.
From talks on the board it looks like we have a strong case/position with Bevins. Is that still true? He definitely looks good(reffed one of his games last year)

FreeGunston12

All-American

Watched most of Begg's 4:30 game. Really like what I saw. Playing next to Tre Johnson (one of the best prospects in the country), he's not going to post the stats of some other guys. But he seems to be a smart player, spacing the floor well. Quick, good shooter, and perimeter defender. Sign him up.