2024 Recruiting

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I know that you all have just been begging for some news. Got some for you tomorrow ;)
We will be releasing this on the GMURecruiting handles in an hour, so please engage with those posts.

3-star PG Justin Begg will take an official visit beginning tomorrow. Out of the Houston area. I saw him play at the EYBL event in Atlanta back in April. Really impressive. Fantastic shooter. He put up 17pts/7reb/8asst in W earlier this summer against 5-star PG Elliot Cadeau who just recently announced he’s reclassing to 2023 and heading to UNC.

Can’t explain why his offer sheet isn’t more robust but if he plays well at the Peach Jam next month I’d expect it to grow. He has some HMs tracking him. Coach Ekanem has a great, long-standing relationship.

Last edited:

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A lot of offers went out the last couple of days. Everyone needs to jump on twitter and show some of these recruits from love. Unless your name starts with Swim and ends in Mom. If you dont have a twitter, create an account. We look stupid when only 3-4 of us comment on an offer when other schools have 20+. We need to show that we have big fanbase.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A lot of offers went out the last couple of days. Everyone needs to jump on twitter and show some of these recruits from love. Unless your name starts with Swim and ends in Mom. If you dont have a twitter, create an account. We look stupid when only 3-4 of us comment on an offer when other schools have 20+. We need to show that we have big fanbase.

The last offer has 115 likes and 33 retweets so far. It’s not quite that dour. If people don’t want to be on social media (all power to them) they shouldn’t be forced to just to engage recruits.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Would be nice if there were a place that when offers went out, the offer recipient's socials could be listed so we could do that. ;-)

Last edited:

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
One thing to note: all of the offers were to 2025 prospects

Everyone-

2024 target Ty Bevins is holding his official visit to Mason starting today! This is a key target for the staff, so go on socials today and if you see any posts regarding Bevin's visit today, go show them some love and make him hear Mason Nation!

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
You could follow @GMURecruiting. We retweet every offer.
I do. It's just that I'm mostly on my Twitter sh#@ posting account and don't see much on my real account. But I'll look more diligently!

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Seems like we have a decent shot at him. Also looks like Kim recruited him and then Tony and staff continued the recruitment. Solid offer list, another local kid.
Louis Hinnant is also a Gwynn Park HS alum and I assume he’s leading the recruitment for Bevins. Got a good feeling about this one — he’s much better than his offers but hopefully the staff can get a commitment before he blows up.