2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
EvanMiya Hoops has filterable stats for everyone in the portal currently (click Transfer Portal on the left nav to see them). XJ is currently ranked as the #8 PG/#31 overall. Llewellyn is #1 in PGs and #2 overall.

Sam Sessoms from Penn State could be another possible target. #2 PG/#12 overall.
Saw Sessoms in Binghamton. He'd be quite a pick up - lots of competition out there for him I'm sure.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1647914068010.png

When a player enters the transfer portal, who decides whether or not they can return?

I can i magine that some coaches are happy to see some players leave and would not take them back.
Conversely some coaches would try to take certain players back once they enter the portal.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
View attachment 1295

When a player enters the transfer portal, who decides whether or not they can return?

I can i magine that some coaches are happy to see some players leave and would not take them back.
Conversely some coaches would try to take certain players back once they enter the portal.
Totally up to the coach whether a player is welcomed back out of the portal. I would be very surprised if whoever is hired as GW’s coach doesn’t try his hardest to keep Bamisile, Freeman and Lindo … assuming they haven’t committed elsewhere by then.

Dawgs99

Starter
I might just be an a**, but some of these social media messages the players put out are cringe worthy. The spelling, punctuation, and overall flow are just awful. Why can't these kids have someone proof read these things?

KAOriginal

All-American
I might just be an a**, but some of these social media messages the players put out are cringe worthy. The spelling, punctuation, and overall flow are just awful. Why can't these kids have someone proof read these things?

Hell...makes me wonder how well their education is going at said University.......

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Brayon Freeman named Mason as one of the schools he has heard from since entering the portal
Our BBB tendencies would lessen if we sign him and he's a year younger and already better than Polite. Need a PG with a little dog in him even if he too isn't the starter

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Our BBB tendencies would lessen if we sign him and he's a year younger and already better than Polite. Need a PG with a little dog in him even if he too isn't the starter
0.0% chance Freeman is coming to Mason without some assurance the staff isn’t also bringing in a veteran PG. Could see him being willing to compete for minutes with Dinkins (and Polite) but not sit behind a grad transfer like Llewellyn or Wynter.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
0.0% chance Freeman is coming to Mason without some assurance the staff isn’t also bringing in a veteran PG. Could see him being willing to compete for minutes with Dinkins (and Polite) but not sit behind a grad transfer like Llewellyn or Wynter.
we aren't getting Llewellyn lol or should I say that would be a miracle. Plenty of other grad transfer/transfer portal PG's that are much better than Polite that are attainable though

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
CKE is an incredible recruiter, but I would imagine the transfer portal dynamics probably levels things out a bit more as you have weeks vs. months & years to build those relationships. Plus, you're dealing with a glut of programs all trying to capture your attention at the same time, so have to break through the clutter to even get a conversation started.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
we aren't getting Llewellyn lol or should I say that would be a miracle. Plenty of other grad transfer/transfer portal PG's that are much better than Polite that are attainable though
Wonder if the staff sees Freeman as more realistic than some of the older PGs that are attracting heavy P5 attention. Feeling pretty confident that a depth chart of Freeman/Dinkins/Polite would be a nice upgrade over what we had at PG this season.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wonder if the staff sees Freeman as more realistic than some of the older PGs that are attracting heavy P5 attention. Feeling pretty confident that a depth chart of Freeman/Dinkins/Polite would be a nice upgrade over what we had at PG this season.
I would prefer unknown grad transfer/Freeman/Dinkins. I think Freeman is better than XJ and no doubt anyone could be better than Jamal but that's not the full upgrade I am hoping for

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I would prefer unknown grad transfer/Freeman/Dinkins. I think Freeman is better than XJ and no doubt anyone could be better than Jamal but that's not the full upgrade I am hoping for
Absolutely agree, we need to add a veteran PG who can come in and make a major impact from Day 1. Just don’t see Freeman coming to Mason if that happens … feels like an either/or situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.