2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
and the freshman learns from the vet, and the freshman isnt expected to be the starter and lead from day 1, but playing time increases as he learns

Last edited:

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Tennessee has their first transfer portal announcement with Brock Jancek - bad news is he only played 11 min and scored 7 points on the season.

Pass

Brock was a walk-on who has hopes of getting some playing time during his final year. His dad is a college football coach who spent a few years on Tennessee's staff. Both of his brothers were walk-on's on the Football team. He's big, strong, and was very good in high school. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere and play well.

View: https://twitter.com/EvanMiya/status/1505903842793336838?s=20&t=2pAte_C-5I-GVLCXvdzyIgX

Current rankings on the transfer portal at http://EvanMiya.com :

Xavier Johnson - 36th
Otis Frazier III - 166th
Mike Gray - 216th
Jamal Hartwell III - 239th
TJ Gadsden - 377th
Sam Shelton - 382nd
Joel Kabimba - 460th

So according to this Johnson is the 37th best player and Freeman the 70th available in the portal.

I get that yes, Freeman is more of a create your own shot guy but pretty much sums up the "we'll just pick up a couple of stud point guards in the portal" menrality to me.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Tennessee has their first transfer portal announcement with Brock Jancek - bad news is he only played 11 min and scored 7 points on the season.

Pass

If you extrapolate that scoring rate over 40 minutes a game he'd be an All American....

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So according to this Johnson is the 37th best player and Freeman the 70th available in the portal.

I get that yes, Freeman is more of a create your own shot guy but pretty much sums up the "we'll just pick up a couple of stud point guards in the portal" menrality to me.
Ish Leggett and Malik Martin are ranked higher than Joe Bamisile on this list…

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

They have markedly higher defensive ratings, it looks like, which according to the rating system makes them better. Don’t know if I agree with the projections, but that’s what’s going on.

We need players who can defend. I’m not interested in anyone who is going to take a ton of shots, but play ole [olay] defense on the other end. This is true even though we still need to find a player who can take some of Schwartz’s scoring load.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I'm surprised by your Bamisile love, thought he's exactly the type that you'd hate. Volume guy who's allergic to passing and playing defense. Outrageous athlete and might be a lot better with a coach who's not a tomato can, but didn't exactly play winning basketball at GW this year.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm surprised by your Bamisile love, thought he's exactly the type that you'd hate. Volume guy who's allergic to passing and playing defense. Outrageous athlete and might be a lot better with a coach who's not a tomato can, but didn't exactly play winning basketball at GW this year.
We haven’t had a goon who can flat out score in forever. I also think he would have been a lot better if Bishop didn’t hijack every end of game situation no matter if he was 0-12 beforehand. I absolutely hate James Bishop and I don’t think they are the same player at all other than being high volume

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They have markedly higher defensive ratings, it looks like, which according to the rating system makes them better. Don’t know if I agree with the projections, but that’s what’s going on.

We need players who can defend. I’m not interested in anyone who is going to take a ton of shots, but play ole [olay] defense on the other end. This is true even though we still need to find a player who can take some of Schwartz’s scoring load.
We didn’t have anybody for end game last year which is why we lost a record setting amount of close games… Oduro went missing and we had an inability to get the ball out of least talented offensive player XJs hands. Bamisile is a volume scorer which our team does need although certainly not the most important necessity. And we already have a guy who takes a good amount of shots and doesn’t defend at all (Cooper) why not get a better version of him to add? Getting Bam isn’t going to happen. There is no way Rhode Islnds 9th man is a better prospect though.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Bama had a pair of PFs hit the transfer portal that might be worth looking at in Alex Tchikou and Keon Ambrose Hylton. Neither could get off the bench in Tuscaloosa but both were highly ranked recruits.

Tchikou was a top 100 recruit who'd have four years of eligibility.
Ambrose-Hylton was a top 150 recruit who'd have three years, playing two already.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Highly doubt that Mashack goes anywhere.

You'd know better than I would. I'm just speculating based on his minutes over the season and knowing that CKE was his primary recruiter.

I think Powell would be more likely to leave, but he also transferred in after CKE left and not sure there's any relationship there.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
You'd know better than I would. I'm just speculating based on his minutes over the season and knowing that CKE was his primary recruiter.

I think Powell would be more likely to leave, but he also transferred in after CKE left and not sure there's any relationship there.
I do think Bailey leaves, but I’m not sure if we are a fit with Coop coming back and Fernandez potentially starting. One thing is for certain though, we are in desperate need of quality depth at the 2 and 3.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Bama had a pair of PFs hit the transfer portal that might be worth looking at in Alex Tchikou and Keon Ambrose Hylton. Neither could get off the bench in Tuscaloosa but both were highly ranked recruits.

Tchikou was a top 100 recruit who'd have four years of eligibility.
Ambrose-Hylton was a top 150 recruit who'd have three years, playing two already.
Ambrose-Hylton had an offer from our former staff

Status
Not open for further replies.