2022 Coaching Carousel

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Haaaa, Tom is scared. It's okay to see all the possible scenarios.
Trust me, I was overly paranoid with Coach L every time the Providence and Virginia jobs opened or were rumored to be opening up due to his connections to those schools. I was convinced he was gone every single time.

But I'm honestly not scared about Kim leaving right now, not because I don't think he would leap at the right opportunity to do so (he was mentored by coaching nomad Rick Barnes, after all). I just don't see Missouri pulling the trigger on him now after he showed this season that he still has so much more to learn about running a program, building a roster, and managing a game.

I've always believed it would be a luxury to keep English more than three years. And, to our benefit, the lackluster season we just had might have made that timeframe a reality.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Lol it didn’t take a hit due to Cam Walker… nobody cares or cared about that. Recruits committing crimes also happen more frequently than you think
You are such a moron. No, you’re right, I’m sure Kim will highlight that on his resume… I’m sure university presidents will eat it up too, because they certainly don’t care about stuff like that.

Crimes… way to minimize it. Keep acting like all the kid did was steal a laptop.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You are such a moron. No, you’re right, I’m sure Kim will highlight that on his resume… I’m sure university presidents will eat it up too, because they certainly don’t care about stuff like that.

Crimes… way to minimize it. Keep acting like all the kid did was steal a laptop.
It must suck to live life scared of middle fingers.

Cam Walker becoming a murderer 3 weeks after signing with George Mason did not put a stain on Kim English or our school. Only an idiot would think that. When’s the last time you heard about it other than you bringing it up? Medias forgotten about it months ago and will because we and Kim are not important enough. Hell nobody talks about Boeheim being a drunk driver or Bruce Pearl being a literal cheater with a number one seed. Why would they talk about a no star recruit who thought he was a rapper and killed someone?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ok let’s take it easy fellas, let’s go back to discussing Kim or other jobs and what not.

Dawgs99

Starter
I could be way off base here but I really think even if offered the Mizzou job Kim would stay. I just get this vibe from him that he wants to turn this thing around and after the disappointing end to this season I can see that passion to fix this only burning brighter. I also think CKE is a smart thoughtful dude and that Mizzou job is a brutal one now that they are in the SEC. Good luck with that one! As someone mentioned earlier, I can see him pulling a Shaka and truly waiting for an opportunity that he cant refuse.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Adding KEs name to an article regarding Mizzou produces clicks.

His agent is doing his job. But if he wants to stay why would his name appear so much? Did same thing while Mason job was open.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
it’s been two days since the off-season started and our fans are panicked about names being mentioned in articles about CKE’s alma mater and gun violence effecting long term recruiting. Another day in the life of being a Mason fan I guess. If he goes to mizzou that says a lot more of their desperation than anything about CKE and we will have to get over it. And thinking our recruiting tanking due to a recruit getting into a rap beef and killing someone is going to make CKE not looked at for new jobs or ruin recruitment chances just makes you look like an idiot

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
ESPN just posted an article with coaches pissed that Martin was fired. And they thankfully didn’t include CKE as a prime candidate. How dare his agent screw that convo up with ESPN

Attachments

• FE270118-EFD3-421A-B1CA-443A4F51A318.png
    FE270118-EFD3-421A-B1CA-443A4F51A318.png
    456.5 KB · Views: 229

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
ESPN just posted an article with coaches pissed that Martin was fired. And they thankfully didn’t include CKE as a prime candidate. How dare his agent screw that convo up with ESPN
Every coach loves Cuonzo. Every coach loves a good guy coach who they can beat.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If we are talking about losing a coach to a P5 school then that must mean we made it to the Sweet 16. Or at least won the A10 regular season.

In what bazarro world does 9th place in the regular season and losing to Fordham in the tournament get you mentioned as a candidate?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Typically, George Mason picking off Maryland wouldn’t generate much discussion. Yet the Patriots coach also happened to tally 1,500 points and win a couple of Big 12 tournament titles in black and gold. And just six years after entering the coaching profession, he’d been marked as a future star.

Notching a signature victory just four games into his tenure, Kim English seemed to offer early confirmation. It also came two days after UMKC routed his alma mater at Mizzou Arena.

So, the chatter began about a homecoming. And even though the volume’s died down a bit as Mason came back to earth, it’s hard to discount roster retooling that helped English avoid a genuine reset.

He convinced star Josh Oduro to pull his name out of the transfer portal and then coaxed two high-major transfers in D’Shawn Schwartz (Colorado) and Davonte Gaines (Tennessee) to join him. On top of that, English landed bouncy wing Justyn Hernandez, who is rated 80thin 247Sports’ composite index, as a focal point of his first recruiting class.

Even if the record is pedestrian, the idea of English inspires hope: a potentially elite coach with direct ties to a program gone stale. The question is whether it is the right moment for a prodigal son to return."

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
IF, and it's a mighty big if, KE even interviews anywhere else he'll go down in my book as a horses a$$. It would go against everything he said he wanted to build. He would be just another hustler looking to advance without having actually accomplished anything. Stick around and build something to be proud of. That's old school and the right thing to do. Damn, I sound like an old fart. But I'm right.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
It must suck to live life scared of middle fingers.

Cam Walker becoming a murderer 3 weeks after signing with George Mason did not put a stain on Kim English or our school. Only an idiot would think that. When’s the last time you heard about it other than you bringing it up? Medias forgotten about it months ago and will because we and Kim are not important enough. Hell nobody talks about Boeheim being a drunk driver or Bruce Pearl being a literal cheater with a number one seed. Why would they talk about a no star recruit who thought he was a rapper and killed someone?

it’s been two days since the off-season started and our fans are panicked about names being mentioned in articles about CKE’s alma mater and gun violence effecting long term recruiting. Another day in the life of being a Mason fan I guess. If he goes to mizzou that says a lot more of their desperation than anything about CKE and we will have to get over it. And thinking our recruiting tanking due to a recruit getting into a rap beef and killing someone is going to make CKE not looked at for new jobs or ruin recruitment chances just makes you look like an idiot

Wow, two posts about me back to back… obsessed much? Lol.

Not scared of middle fingers, just don’t think it makes you tough like you think it does. Kind of like you on twitter and message boards - fake tough. Like all the sh!t you talk about our players, would you say some of the stuff you post about Hartwell to his face? Of course you wouldn’t. You are fake tough.

Media forgetting is one thing, but when athletic directors and university presidents sit down and do a deep dive into candidates and they put the microscope on Kim and his past year, it’s going to come up… and it’s not a + , it’s a - (which was all my original point was saying).

Never said our recruiting would tank, never said it would stop KE from getting a job. You like to make up sh!t like this and use it for your arguments, but it’s simply not true.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Will Wade is out. LSU must’ve made him a strong-a** ultimatum.

Guess you can’t be under FBI investigation AND have a mediocre record. Only winners get to get caught cheating & keep their jobs.