2022-2023 Season; Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, Analysis & Predictions

psyclone

Hall of Famer
couldn't get link to work. Found this one with the same title:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
My guess is starter by game 1
I'd be surprised by that. Even if Justyn is all and more that he's been hyped up to be, and I hope he is, he's still a freshman who hasn't played a single minute of college yet.

Cooper is a sixth-year senior who started every game last year, averaging 33 min. and 12 points.

And if you look at the impact Ticket had on the team last year, then compare his and VBJ's stats the last season they played together at Tennessee, VBJ In 27 games, averaged 25 Min. & 11 Pts. to Ticket's 4 Min. & 1 Pt average in 11 games. Granted that's not apples-and-oranges as depth charts, player experience, etc. have an impact too. But Bailey was still well ahead of him on playing time and impact.

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
another prediction - NCAA Tourney

Dayton - 5 seed - predicted to win the A-10
St. Louis - 8 seed - gets an at large bid
Loyola-Chicago in the next 4 out

Opponents predicted to make the Tourney
Toledo - 13 seed - expected to win its conference
Auburn - 5 seed - at large
A-10 needs to do some work to be "The 3-Bid League"

I'd be happy with a 4th place A-10 finish
and a 3 game post season run at EagleBank before heading off to the NIT semis

PDGL Hoops

Starter
Tournament level teams don't lose home games. We must win them all to even be in the discussion - especially against team with poor records. Then win the games on the road we should (against the bottom half of the conference) and steal one or two against the top 4.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tournament level teams don't lose home games. We must win them all to even be in the discussion - especially against team with poor records. Then win the games on the road we should (against the bottom half of the conference) and steal one or two against the top 4.
And that is a recipe for success in to getting in to the big dance ladies and gents.

Need to get back to that dog mentality.... run teams out your gym at home and not lose to inferior teams on the road, aka La Salle, and pick up an upset then you get your respect.

I'll also add not losing to Fordham in the Tournament.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Probably. Typically, your seniors/upperclassmen are on the cover. All of these guys fit that bill.
Got it
4 Grad Students & 2 Seniors ( with an additional year of Covid eligibility)

I was thinking in terms of the first 6 players

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Singleton's FT % and FG% will not be anywhere near last year's while under the tutelage of Kim English. Please Jesus.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This was a well done product. I noticed Hofstra on the schedule. I was wondering if we could get Drexel on the schedule and have Tony Skin call the game.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Singleton's FT % and FG% will not be anywhere near last year's while under the tutelage of Kim English. Please Jesus.
FG% not too bad at .538, right? FT% gotta go up at least 20%. I don't think he'll be called upon to do a ton of scoring with this team - but a bunch of the other stuff.