2022-2023 Season; Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, Analysis & Predictions

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
This year’s team would wipe the floor with that team. Oduro would go for 50 without breaking a sweat.

No doubt. My point was potential vs. proven results though.

Still, any team w/Livingston, Kier, Miller, Greene, and Grayer that used them properly should have a puncher's chance. I'd love to have any of those guys back on the current roster, esp. Otis to run the point for us.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This year’s team would wipe the floor with that team. Oduro would go for 50 without breaking a sweat.
while I agree you never cease to amaze me with you overhyping everything. Tell me how good our water boy is this year while you are at it. They need to hire you as team overhype man. I am ready to run thru a wall

Last edited:

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He was listed at 200 in the 21-22 Media Day Prospectus

Currently listed at 216 in the 22-23 Quick Facts Guide

And at 220 on the website bio page

So somewhere in the neighborhood of 16-20 lbs.
Stat man to the rescue.

That's a solid offfseason of lifting and eating right and adding great muscle and size. Great job.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I am ready to run thru a wall

Several of us are ready for you to give it a try.

Can we pick the wall?

red-brick-wall-pattern-texture_53876-23210.jpg

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Only those not collecting Social Security count so unfortunately 90% of this board including you are out :(
Hey! "Back in my day," that wall wouldn't have had a chance!
Hey I am 15 years away from that man....
I am there. It's not so bad. So keep on truckin', break out the groovy hang ten T shirts, and chill with a mood ring.
Plus, you can be a crotchety old fart and not really care about what people think...especially a boss that you no longer have.;)

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It's now or never.
I agree. We've got lots of experienced guys with quality coming in. The best mix. Top 4 in the A10 just has to be. I don't want to say NCAA or bust, but if not that, at least a run to the semis of the NIT. You have to have a breakthrough season and continue to win and improve in order to get better and better recruits.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
THEORETICALLY SPEAKING

is it better to go to the NCAA Tournament and lose the first game
vs
going to the NIT and winning it all?

Factors
Financial Payments - current and future?
Program Visibility?
Player's perspective?

I know programs - UCLA - have passed on NIT bids
have any ever passed on a NCAA Bid?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
NCAA bid for sure ......there is a ton more upside if you catch lightning in a bottle.... wonder who's done that before....

Just don't piss it away

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
THEORETICALLY SPEAKING

vs

Factors
Program Visibility?
Player's perspective?

NCAA for sure! but if you have a youngish team, an NIT run is great experience for the following year.

I don’t think you can pass on an NCAA bid, it’s mandated (this is how the NCAA took over the postseason from the NIT).

Speaking of: in 2006 you had our run to the Final Four, UNCW lost a heartbreaker to GW in overtime (GW went 18-0 in the A10 that year) and both Hofstra and ODU had deep runs in the NIT. I’d take UNCW’s season over either Hofstra’s or ODU’s. Not a single person brings up the 2006 NIT (not even ODU trolls).

Last edited:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
THEORETICALLY SPEAKING

vs

Factors
Program Visibility?
Player's perspective?

That's a good question.

For a larger program like a UCLA, def. the NCAA tournament. More prestigious and an invite to one clearly shows how a program is viewed by the selection committees. For a mid-major and/or building program like ours, I think there's a solid argument at the very least to be made for a Championship vs. a one-and-done.

1. Five post-season games vs. one
2. Potential home game(s)
3. Two weeks heightened fan/community focused interest
4. Two nationally broadcast games in Madison Square Garden
5. A Championship vs. Participation banner
6. Season ends on a high note (win vs. a loss), for me at least, being in the Patriot Center. when we beat Tennessee in '04 was more enjoyable/memorable than being in a bar watching Notre Dame kick our a** in '08

I also think there's an argument that can be made for recruiting too. Five opportunities to say "look how close we are" and "you can get us over the hump" if you come here, as well as invite to come watch the game in-person and get schmoozed.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Look no further than the GW whatever-they-are-called-now. They won the NIT a few years ago. I remember folks who were working there at the time telling me that winning the NIT was nice, but would have rather had an at-large bid to the NCAAs and lost in the first round, FWIW

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ncaa. I don’t buy the use other tournaments as springboard rhetoric anymore. The big dance is what matters.

And I never want to see mason participate in the CBI. Ever.
Didnt Mason participate in one of those - lower than NIT - pay to play post seaso tounrneys? I remember watching that game in the RAC.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Look no further than the GW whatever-they-are-called-now. They won the NIT a few years ago. I remember folks who were working there at the time telling that winning the NIT was nice, but would have rather had an at-large bid to the NCAAs and lost in the first round, FWIW
I was thinking of that. Back then u was GWU Season ticket holder and got to see all of the home games. Bus trips were offered to NYC but i didn't go because pf work commitments.

In some sense GWU failed to capitalize on that experience due to the Longeron/Nero mess, and look where they are now - picked to be in the bottom quarter of the league.