2022-2023 Season; Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, Analysis & Predictions

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
FG% not too bad at .538, right? FT% gotta go up at least 20%. I don't think he'll be called upon to do a ton of scoring with this team - but a bunch of the other stuff.
Play defense, keep the ball hot, help on the glass and provide leadership. Whatever scoring we get from Saquan will be icing on the cake.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Play defense, keep the ball hot, help on the glass and provide leadership. Whatever scoring we get from Saquan will be icing on the cake.
I agree with that, but having seen it so many times in recent history with guards who are not a threat from 3, still concerned about opposing defenses not having to guard him on the perimeter and allowing them to sag down low where, coincidentally, our best player is.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree with that, but having seen it so many times in recent history with guards who are not a threat from 3, still concerned about opposing defenses not having to guard him on the perimeter and allowing them to sag down low where, coincidentally, our best player is.
It would be a bigger problem if we didn’t have a 5 who can space the floor. We will have at least 4 competent 3-point shooters on the floor for the vast majority of the meaningful minutes, so there’s still gonna be plenty for defenses to handle even if Saquan never attempts a 3.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Tournament level teams don't lose home games. We must win them all to even be in the discussion - especially against team with poor records.

Davidson, vcu, Dayton, and St. Bonaventure all lost multiple home games last season. All of them to at least one A10 team and one out of conference team.

Last edited:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
It would be a bigger problem if we didn’t have a 5 who can space the floor. We will have at least 4 competent 3-point shooters on the floor for the vast majority of the meaningful minutes, so there’s still gonna be plenty for defenses to handle even if Saquan never attempts a 3.

I'm fine with that as long as at some point we have Ojiako, Oduro, Jones, Gaines, Singleton lineup on the court. It can be a blow-out game in garbage minutes and be on for just a series or two and I'm fine w/it, as long as it happens at some point during the season.

I just want to see a 6'10", 6'10", 6'9", 6'7", 6'6" Mason lineup at some point.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Looking at the All Time Records - we have never played Illinois State and I'm thinking a home and home with the Redbirds would be a great addition to the schedule (and it has nothing to do with my son going there next year).

Teams we've also never played. Vanderbilt, Lipscomb, Tennessee State. And this purely is for my own convenience. (a rematch against Belmont is good)

Also, Montana State. Because Bozeman/Montana is awesome.

Last edited:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Flag on the post, excessive use of metaphors.

dm_141009_nfl_league_ok_with_increase_in_penalty_flags.jpg

Poster's usage of a word or phrase applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable is in excess of the number of sentences in said post. Poster is penalized with a 5 minute timeout to think about what he did.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Flag on the post, excessive use of metaphors.

dm_141009_nfl_league_ok_with_increase_in_penalty_flags.jpg

Poster's usage of a word or phrase applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable is in excess of the number of sentences in said post. Poster is penalized with a 5 minute timeout to think about what he did.
Hey I write for a living. You think I didn’t do that on purpose lol?

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
A couple more random thoughts after looking at the media guide:

We have a sh!t ton of student managers. I like it. Those guys/girls do a lot of the grunt work and never get the credit they deserve, so tip of the hat to them.

You can tell in a couple of the manager pics that they have polos with the basketball and the GM logo on it. That seems like it's going to be used more and more which I think is a good thing. It's on the practice gear and was on a 1/4 zip in one of Dez White's family pics. Maybe a logo we can use for an adidas order in the near future???

Also, it has Darius Wilson listed as a second year student assistant. I was always under the impression that he was an outside trainer that worked with some of the players. I wonder if that is some sort of workaround or a handshake deal... or something Oruro asked for since they have worked together for years... just seems a little "interesting".

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Hey I write for a living. You think I didn’t do that on purpose lol?

That's infinitely worse. You’ve literally jumped the shark with that response. Literally.

Look, I know some people accuse me of being sanctimonious about this stuff and acting holier than a Baptist preacher and quick as lightning to pull the trigger, but a rudderless ship doesn’t get us to our destination and we can’t allow the inmates to run the asylum; even if that means cracking a few eggs to make the omelet. It’s the posters like me who are as steadfast as a rock and show the courage of a lion that ultimately turn the tide and you should be as grateful for it as a lottery winner or a small child on Christmas morn.

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
That's infinitely worse. You’ve literally jumped the shark with that response.

Look, I know some people accuse me of being sanctimonious about this stuff and acting holier than a Baptist preacher and quick as lightning to pull the trigger, but a rudderless ship doesn’t get us to our destination and we can’t allow the inmates to run the asylum; even if that means cracking a few eggs to make the omelet. It’s the posters like me who are as steadfast as a rock and show the courage of a lion that ultimately turn the tide and you should be as grateful for it as a lottery winner or a small child on Christmas morn.
iu

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That's infinitely worse. You’ve literally jumped the shark with that response.

It's obvious all you're doing is to help the team any way you can, because you couldn't do any of this without your teammates just taking it one game at a time for the best fans anywhere and of course it helps that you're the son of a coach so you learned to play the game the right way.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Let’s just hope that if the team does what they need to do, the players do what they need to do, that the basketball goes in the hoop when our team shoots for 2 2 2 or 3.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This document is fantastic
It really is. Saw what looks like the shot I took at Maryland of Blake Jones nailing a three but mine had a fan yelling in the background. Sometimes CKE will use a pic I take for a tweet or IG post which makes me feel like I am contributing something.

MD.jpg
KE Tweet pic.jpg

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
anyone know
1) do we have a secret scrimmage this year?
2) if so, who is it?
3) Likely someone local, not in the A-10, not on the current schedule

Since the NCAA began allowing teams to replace one or both exhibition games with a scrimmage in 1998, they have been colloquially referred to as ‘secret scrimmages,’ given that they cannot be publicized. The “secret” attached to those scrimmages is generally poorly kept.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
anyone know
1) do we have a secret scrimmage this year?
2) if so, who is it?
3) Likely someone local, not in the A-10, not on the current schedule

@ Penn state on the 30th