2021 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Lol he would take Koleks job in a second if he stayed. Maybe this is an ACC player that already reached out to him?!?!? Just hoping

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me. He’s a DC kid who I’m sure is looking for more playing time than he was gonna get in Charlottesville ... and we can offer that.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I fully agree with this point. And I also love that we have a coach who 100% looks the part of a basketball player and coach - 6'6, lean, looks like he could still kick your a** in 1-on-1, etc.... vs. a dumpy, overweight dude who preaches hard work and running the floor hard for 60 minutes.
Maybe that was Paulsen's problem, he didn't realize the games are only 40 minutes!

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He mentioned the Pac 12 too, and these are the players VerbalCommit says are transferring out of the PAC 12 so far:

Jr Erik Stevenson (6'3 SG) transfer from Washington, transfer from Wichita State
Jr Ryan Battin (6'9 PF) transfer from Utah
So Marcus Tsohonis (6'3 SG) transfer from Washington
RS Jr Nate Pryor (6'4 PG) transfer from Washington
Jr J'Raan Brooks (6'9 PF) transfer from Washington
RS JR Jemarl Baker Jr. (6'4 SG) transfer from Arizona

One of the things you notice is Washington is losing like it's entire team.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I'm always cautious of guys that don't pan out at P5 schools and transfer down . . . but the potential of adding Glover and Morsell has got me throwing caution to the wind. I think they would complement our core pretty well, and that's what English said he is after with transfers. Even if Kolek stays, I think there is plenty of room for those two.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Florida PG Ques Glover has entered the transfer portal. This is particularly interesting because Kim and Ques followed each other over the weekend.

Speaking of following: Mr. English followed Casey Morsell today
Also, Glover is from Knoxville. Wonder if there is a bigger connection there.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It's like all college players are being recruited again.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I do wonder how this is affecting high school seniors who haven’t committed yet. There’s almost 3 transfers per team in division 1 at this point.

Have to think its a big big mess at this point trying to build out your squad. What you promised a HS kid 6 months ago could have changed.

Although I feel like that is always possible.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s a massive game of musical chairs. Other than the proven college players and elite recruits, everybody else should be trying to find a seat ASAP before they’re all gone.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s a massive game of musical chairs. Other than the proven college players and elite recruits, everybody else should be trying to find a seat ASAP before they’re all gone.
This. If I’m advising a high school senior or guy in the portal in telling them to sign on the dotted line ASAP. Someone is gonna get caught holding the bag this year, and you don’t want it to be your guy. Talented kids who wait too long are going to end up the odd man out and transferring into worse situations. I get it’s exciting and a good change of pace to have college coaches recruiting you and making you feel like the man again but for their sakes I hope they don’t drag it out and let their egos get caught up in the process then all these offers and interest dry up as other guys start to take these slots.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This. If I’m advising a high school senior or guy in the portal in telling them to sign on the dotted line ASAP. Someone is gonna get caught holding the bag this year, and you don’t want it to be your guy. Talented kids who wait too long are going to end up the odd man out and transferring into worse situations. I get it’s exciting and a good change of pace to have college coaches recruiting you and making you feel like the man again but for their sakes I hope they don’t drag it out and let their egos get caught up in the process then all these offers and interest dry up as other guys start to take these slots.

It's going to be wild for the next few years, at least until the COVID eligibility extensions disappear. I think we've got at least 3 or 4 years until we find out what the actual portal is going to look like in a median year after the rule change.