2021 Recruiting

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
KE now following Wisconsin big Nathan Reuvers. He entered the portal a couple days ago.

Can't say that I like that last name... way too similar to something familiar that I can't quite put a finger on.

I liked the rumor Kish dropped the other day with D'Shawn Schwartz coming over with Tomlinson as a grad transfer. I mean, if you're going to play 4 out, you could definitely do a lot worse than a 6'7 230 pound guard who shoots 40% from the 3.

Reuvers would also be a grad transfer. I'm not really liking his rebounding numbers for a guy who is 6'11, but again, solid shooter, great rim protector.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This. If I’m advising a high school senior or guy in the portal in telling them to sign on the dotted line ASAP. Someone is gonna get caught holding the bag this year, and you don’t want it to be your guy. Talented kids who wait too long are going to end up the odd man out and transferring into worse situations. I get it’s exciting and a good change of pace to have college coaches recruiting you and making you feel like the man again but for their sakes I hope they don’t drag it out and let their egos get caught up in the process then all these offers and interest dry up as other guys start to take these slots.

This particularly applies to our current players who are in the portal and open to coming back. I’m sure there is a deadline on that decision because this coach is capable of bringing in talent — while I’m sure he would prefer to retain the core 3 he mentioned in the presser Thursday, he’s not gonna wait forever for them when there are 1,000 others in the portal.

I hope it doesn’t happen, but all of them could wind up in a worse situation than they currently have. They need to choose wisely.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I liked the rumor Kish dropped the other day with D'Shawn Schwartz coming over with Tomlinson as a grad transfer. I mean, if you're going to play 4 out, you could definitely do a lot worse than a 6'7 230 pound guard who shoots 40% from the 3.

Reuvers would also be a grad transfer. I'm not really liking his rebounding numbers for a guy who is 6'11, but again, solid shooter, great rim protector.
I can't find anywhere that says Schwartz is in the portal. If he did come, that would be a heck of a grab. And if he is willing to leave Colorado to come to Mason, it would be a huge signal that English's players love playing for him.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What about mckinley??? Wrote a stellar letter about KE.

patriotchild

Starter
I can't find anywhere that says Schwartz is in the portal. If he did come, that would be a heck of a grab. And if he is willing to leave Colorado to come to Mason, it would be a huge signal that English's players love playing for him.

English posted a picture of Schwartz on his IG story last night so... perhaps something is cooking.

Hard to tell if that’s just the way he does business or what since we’ve never had a coach active on social media.

JPgmuswim

Starter
English posted a picture of Schwartz on his IG story last night so... perhaps something is cooking.

Hard to tell if that’s just the way he does business or what since we’ve never had a coach active on social media.

I’ve enjoyed his IG game so far. He does need some more follows. He’s got about 3k vs the 51k he has on Twitter.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I wish he’d also post the player workout videos on Twitter given that’s where most of his followers are.
I want him focused on whatever he’s doing now. I’d love to see the AD take his posts cross platforms though and promote his personal accounts while they do it.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

That would be sponge worthy.

iu

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Schwartz and Colorado teammate Dallas Walton are both in the portal.

Walton is a 7-0, 235-pound grad transfer.

Could we end up getting both?

ephoops

Starter
Schwartz and Colorado teammate Dallas Walton are both in the portal.

Walton is a 7-0, 235-pound grad transfer.

Could we end up getting both?

Schwartz is a lefty so he will fit right in to the Mason line up. Is he a bigger, more polished version of Greene?

Does Walton have two years of eligibility?? I'm not sure how the NCAA's "mulligan" rule impacts grad transfers. He tore his ACL in his sophomore year and sat out. He also red-shirted as a freshman. I assume he graduated because he has been at Colorado for five years.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Schwartz is a lefty so he will fit right in to the Mason line up. Is he a bigger, more polished version of Greene?

Does Walton have two years of eligibility?? I'm not sure how the NCAA's "mulligan" rule impacts grad transfers. He tore his ACL in his sophomore year and sat out. He also red-shirted as a freshman. I assume he graduated because he has been at Colorado for five years.

Schwartz is listed at 6-7, 225 so much more like Miller than Greene ... and he shot 40% from 3 so you can always use that.

I haven’t seen whether Walton has 2 years of eligibility although he’s listed as a grad transfer ... he apparently has been hurt quite a bit.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Schwartz is listed at 6-7, 225 so much more like Miller than Greene ... and he shot 40% from 3 so you can always use that.

I haven’t seen whether Walton has 2 years of eligibility although he’s listed as a grad transfer ... he apparently has been hurt quite a bit.

Schwartz could go right into that 4 spot vacated by AJ in a 4-out and be able to guard pretty much any opposing 4 in the A-10 with the added benefit that he's a knock-down shooter on the outside. Yes, please.

Would love to get someone like him committed soon so English can take it to Kolek, Miller, Oduro and say, we're building ourselves a team next year, you're going to want to be a part of it.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Apologies if someone has mentioned this:

Jordan Hairston from Texas A&M Corpus Christi is in the portal. He's a 6-foot guard from Centreville (Westfield & Flint Hill). Averaged 12.9 (44% from 3) his freshman year in 19-20, and battled injuries this past year. With the extra year of eligibility he's a redshirt sophomore. His dad Rodney played at Mason. He and KE have recently followed each other on twitter.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Apologies if someone has mentioned this:

Jordan Hairston from Texas A&M Corpus Christi is in the portal. He's a 6-foot guard from Centreville (Westfield & Flint Hill). Averaged 12.9 (44% from 3) his freshman year in 19-20, and battled injuries this past year. With the extra year of eligibility he's a redshirt sophomore. His dad Rodney played at Mason. He and KE have recently followed each other on twitter.

Wow another addition from the Mason family tree - I remember his dad.