2021 Recruiting

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It would be quite the steal to be sure...but, hometown guy who could play for a guy who is familiar with the NBA and is a hot commodity right now...

You never know.
no and if anyone can get it done it might be English... I would just be happy with snagging a kid that Depaul and GA Tech were high on at this point... that is how jaded on bad recruiting I am. Love everything that English is about so far though!!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
would love it but he might get an offer from every single P5... He had quite the year

Valid point, but I'd rather lose a recruit to a P5 school than beat out a Patriot League school for a recruit. Those days are over with English at the helm.

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Valid point, but I'd rather lose a recruit to a P5 school than beat out a Patriot League school for a recruit. Those days are over with English at the help.
Tom, you are talking to me, the guy who shit on almost every one of DP's recruits.. OBVIOUSLY I agree with you. Qudus Wahab can go and start on Duke though. I don't care who English is, that would be a MONSTER haul lol. there are levels still and we may have gone up 5 steps but I am not expecting him to clear the mountaintop quite yet lol

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tom, you are talking to me, the guy who shit on almost every one of DP's recruits.. OBVIOUSLY I agree with you. Qudus Wahab can go and start on Duke though. I don't care who English is, that would be a MONSTER haul lol. there are levels still and we may have gone up 5 steps but I am not expecting him to clear the mountaintop quite yet lol

No but I’m curious who he selects to bring in based on the types of transfers he has been hearing from.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
With a new assistant coach being an Aussie, may get some nice International flare too! Anyone know if Sam Harris has a younger brother?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I can't wait to see what English has in store for us. I don't think it'll be long before we are chirping and celebrating a REAL recruit.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Oh, we're definitely on the same page. I love that we finally have a coach who isn't intimidated by the P5 schools. I love that he reeled off a handful of NBA players who went to non-P5 schools. And I especially love that he won't feel out of place sitting in the living room of family in an inner city and convincing them why he is the coach and Mason is the school for their son.

Last edited:

He15man

Starter
And I especially love that he won't feel out of place sitting in the living room of family in an inner city and convincing them why he is the coach and Mason is the school for their son.
I fully agree with this point. And I also love that we have a coach who 100% looks the part of a basketball player and coach - 6'6, lean, looks like he could still kick your a** in 1-on-1, etc.... vs. a dumpy, overweight dude who preaches hard work and running the floor hard for 60 minutes.

KAOriginal

All-American
I fully agree with this point. And I also love that we have a coach who 100% looks the part of a basketball player and coach - 6'6, lean, looks like he could still kick your a** in 1-on-1, etc.... vs. a dumpy, overweight dude who preaches hard work and running the floor hard for 60 minutes.

Per instagram...he likes Diet Sprite

ephoops

Starter
And I especially love that he won't feel out of place sitting in the living room of family in an inner city and convincing them why he is the coach and Mason is the school for their son.

I can envision English being very impressive and persuasive speaking with a recruit and his parents. If I were the parent of an high-end, inner-city recruit, I would want my son to play for English