2021 Recruiting

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jammed up at the 2/3 slots. Hard to see where this guy fits in unless he’s a stud (might be the case, idk anything about him.)

Hurrrrr durrrr POSITIONLESS BASKETBALL

We've played 4 guards the last two games and have looked better than at any time this season with AJ and Oduro together. My guess is that's what he's building towards. My problem is it also looks like he might be building toward Kolek being the starting point guard and he really shouldn't be.

5 6'6, 6'7 combo guard/forwards might be over doing it, too, even if one or two of them can play shooting guard, especially when you look at the forward position and see Oduro and a kid who can't make the court (and maybe Calixte who also can't make the court now that we aren't playing two forwards).

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Jammed up at the 2/3 slots. Hard to see where this guy fits in unless he’s a stud (might be the case, idk anything about him.)

Hurrrrr durrrr POSITIONLESS BASKETBALL

Are we really jammed up though? Assuming everyone stays, we have 3 guaranteed starters in Oduro, Miller and Kolek. Too many other question marks.

I know nothing about this Patrick kid, but if he is legit, you can either slide Kolek over to the point or move Miller to the stretch 4 to make room for him. Regardless, we need somebody who can come in and contribute right away because our guard situation is not great.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Assuming everyone stays, we have 3 guaranteed starters in Oduro, Miller and Kolek. Too many other question marks.

I'm not up on all of the NCAA rules, but aren't Greene and Wilson allowed to stay for another year if they want to? Also, does anybody know if it's entirely up to the player or does the coach have to sign off on them returning.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm not up on all of the NCAA rules, but aren't Greene and Wilson allowed to stay for another year if they want to? Also, does anybody know if it's entirely up to the player or does the coach have to sign off on them returning.

If it anything like the spring athletes from last season, it'll be first up to the university whether or not they are going to honor the extra year.

I'd be surprised if either stay. The only reason I can think for a senior to stick around is if they think there's a chance to go dancing and/or they think an extra year will increase their stock overseas (sticking around college for a 5th season would tank any NBA aspirations, especially for a player who is already in their 5th season).

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The only reason I can think for a senior to stick around is if they think there's a chance to go dancing and/or they think an extra year will increase their stock overseas (sticking around college for a 5th season would tank any NBA aspirations, especially for a player who is already in their 5th season).

I imagine some players will stick around to work on their Masters, but I do agree that AJ and Javon will most likely want to get their overseas careers started as soon as possible.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Shooting translates, rebounding translates, everything else is a crap shoot
I’d say the only things that translate are effort & toughness, which directly correlate to rebounding and defense. You can be a great shooter in HS and not be able to knockdown anything in college (JDS).

Oh, and physical talent.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’d say the only things that translate are effort & toughness, which directly correlate to rebounding and defense. You can be a great shooter in HS and not be able to knockdown anything in college (JDS).

Oh, and physical talent.

We are talking junior college, not high school. One thing to think about (will his shooting translate) is the NJCAA 3-point line is the same as the NCAA division 1 line right now. That's not true for high school.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We are talking junior college, not high school. One thing to think about (will his shooting translate) is the NJCAA 3-point line is the same as the NCAA division 1 line right now. That's not true for high school.
I was speaking generally

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Is there anyone left that our new coach can try to grab to salvage 2021 recruiting or is the focus solely on transfers this year with the intent to build out 2022?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is there anyone left that our new coach can try to grab to salvage 2021 recruiting or is the focus solely on transfers this year with the intent to build out 2022?

Some coaches got fired, there will be decommits out there probably. Also, I’m sure there is still some talent out there in the late signing period.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

There's always somebody out there that's been overlooked.

Otis_Web.jpg