2021 Coaching Carousel

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
1h

Indiana has now officially announced that Archie Miller is no longer its head basketball coach, per release.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/3/...f-intercollegiate-athletics-scott-dolson.aspx:

"As the Director of Athletics, I wanted to wait until the conclusion of the season before evaluating the leadership of our men's basketball program. In the days following the completion of our season in the Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament, I have spent a great deal of time evaluating our recruiting, student-athlete development, leadership development, and playing philosophy and strategy. That review, combined with the on-court results, ultimately led me to conclude that a change in leadership of our program is warranted at this time. I shared my assessment with Indiana University President Michael McRobbie, and he accepted my recommendation."

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

·
4m

Still cannot believe that BC hired Earl Grant over alum Mark Schmidt.

Still cannot believe that BC hired Earl Grant over alum Mark Schmidt

neFfwMRX_normal.jpg

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
· 32m

Boston College is hiring Charleston coach Earl Grant, source told @Stadium.

Baffling decision by AD Patrick Kraft.

Last edited:

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Indiana has now officially announced that Archie Miller is no longer its head basketball coach, per release.

"
Athletic director Scott Dolson released a statement confirming Miller's firing, saying that "private philanthropic funding" paid for Miller's buyout, which was more than $10 million."

AKA: Mark Cuban via selling his tweets.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

·
4m

Still cannot believe that BC hired Earl Grant over alum Mark Schmidt

neFfwMRX_normal.jpg

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
· 32m

Boston College is hiring Charleston coach Earl Grant, source told @Stadium.

Baffling decision by AD Patrick Kraft.
It's why you pay the search firm the big bucks. Doesn't mean they are always right though....see GMU for top rated case study.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It's why you pay the search firm the big bucks. Doesn't mean they are always right though....see GMU for top rated case study.

Maybe they liked his connections to the Carolina basketball scene? Looks like he's spent most of his career in South Carolina (Citadel, Winthrop, Clemson, Charleston).

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yea..maybe they also like his barbeque.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

·
2h

BREAKING: Richard Pitino and former Nebraska head coach Tim Miles are the co-leaders for the New Mexico job, multiple sources told @Stadium. Expect the Lobos to make a decision between the two in the next 24-48 hours.

Quote Tweet

neFfwMRX_normal.jpg

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
· 2h

BREAKING: Minnesota is expected to part ways with Richard Pitino, sources told @Stadium.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

·
2h

Let’s recap the day:

- Penn State hires Micah Shrewsberry
- Indiana fires Archie Miller
- Minnesota parts ways with Richard Pitino
- UNM is down to Richard Pitino and Tim Miles
- BC hires Charleston’s Earl Grant
- KU’s Jalen Wilson out for first game
- DePaul fires Dave Leitao

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

·
2h

Look for Cleveland State head coach Dennis Gates and Loyola Chicago’s Porter Moser to be in the mix at DePaul.

Gates is a Chicago native who has done a terrific job in two seasons at Cleveland State.

Moser has been phenomenal at Loyola the last few years.

OP
tblack33

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Please someone have a huge scandal and need Paulsen to come build a good “culture”. I’ll donate to whatever school takes him.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

·
1h

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/3/...f-intercollegiate-athletics-scott-dolson.aspx:

"As the Director of Athletics, I wanted to wait until the conclusion of the season before evaluating the leadership of our men's basketball program. In the days following the completion of our season in the Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament, I have spent a great deal of time evaluating our recruiting, student-athlete development, leadership development, and playing philosophy and strategy. That review, combined with the on-court results, ultimately led me to conclude that a change in leadership of our program is warranted at this time. I shared my assessment with Indiana University President Michael McRobbie, and he accepted my recommendation."
Archie! Come back to the A10!

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...rohm-iowa-state-cyclones-men-basketball-coach:

"Steve Prohm is out as Iowa State's men's basketball coach, the school announced Monday.

Prohm and athletic director Jamie Pollard met Monday night and the two sides agreed to "part ways," the school said.

Prohm just finished his sixth season in Ames, and it was his worst campaign since arriving. Iowa State finished 2-22 overall, going winless in the Big 12 and losing 18 games in a row to end the season.

The Cyclones went to the NCAA tournament in three of Prohm's first four seasons, including a Sweet 16 run in 2016. They also won a first-round game in 2017.

The past two seasons, Iowa State was a combined 14-42 overall and 5-31 in the Big 12.

The favorite to replace Prohm is UNLV head coach T.J. Otzelberger, sources said."