2021-2022 Mason roster

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Possible starting lineup with minutes in parenthesis. Assuming Miller to Miami and that Kolek is gone as well. Losing both Miller and Kolek will be a major set back in terms of depth. The overall quality of the roster gets weaker barring another transfer.

Polite (25) / Gray/XJ (15)
Cooper (30) / Need someone
Schwartz (30) / Frazier III (10)
Gaines (30) / Need someone
Oduro (30) / Henry (10) Depth a problem in the post.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Possible starting lineup with minutes in parenthesis. Assuming Miller to Miami and that Kolek is gone as well. Losing both Miller and Kolek will be a major set back in terms of depth. The overall quality of the roster gets weaker barring another transfer.

Schwartz (30) / Frazier III (10)
Gaines (30) / Need someone
Oduro (30) / Henry (10) Depth a problem in the post.
You forgot Mbaye, he’ll most likely be the backup 5

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Schwartz (30) / Frazier (10)
Gaines (30) / Need someone. Henry? (10)
Oduro (25) / Mbaye (15)

Thanks @gmujim92.

patriotchild

Starter
Too bad we are losing Jordan and probably Koleck. Would have been nice pieces. English has shown he can and will make up for it.

I’ll throw this out there for fun, do we think these guys stick around if there’s no coaching change? I gotta think that they’d be exploring options given the current landscape and I have doubts that Dave would have been able to keep them and then replace them.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Too bad we are losing Jordan and probably Koleck. Would have been nice pieces. English has shown he can and will make up for it.

I’ll throw this out there for fun, do we think these guys stick around if there’s no coaching change? I gotta think that they’d be exploring options given the current landscape and I have doubts that Dave would have been able to keep them and then replace them.
I look at this one time chance to move without losing a year of eligibility as a chance for both players and teams to do a reset and realignment.
In a perfect world everyone has a true valuation of skills and abilities and ends up with a better match.
Which is not the same as going to a better program.
But this will end up like some form of musical chairs the longer this goes on.
and some players will end up at worse places than where they came from.

KAOriginal

All-American
Forget about the idea of "winning" or what team might do X next year. It's not about education. It's not about anything but NEW opportunity.

They are making decisions just like you would at your job.

All of the sudden you get gifted a "no penalty chance" to make a change. And lo and behold bigger companies with more benefits are interested in you. People that didn't know or care you were alive a year ago now are smiling and shaking your hand.

You keep an open mind.

JPgmuswim

Starter
KE has said he’s recruited the whole roster to stay if they want, the ones that are committed to staying he’s already coaching to get better. The ones that want out, best of luck to them. He gets calls everyday from new guys entering the portal, he’s already proven his level of recruiting is higher than we’ve probably ever seen at Mason.
Sucks to be turned down for prom but it’s not a bad thing when hotter girls are saying yes.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He might view both schools as being a few years away from a NCAA appearance and want to play ACC ball and look at babes on South Beach. Can’t blame him. All the best to him.
Cannot damn that logic. Miami scenery is smoking hot.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think as time goes on - the chances of Kolek staying increase. He has will play on this roster and it’s now better. I am surprised Miller didn’t get a landing spot earlier.

each day we don’t hear about Kolek landing somewhere - I think the chances increase he stays.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think as time goes on - the chances of Kolek staying increase. He has will play on this roster and it’s now better. I am surprised Miller didn’t get a landing spot earlier.

each day we don’t hear about Kolek landing somewhere - I think the chances increase he stays.
I think complete opposite. Miller had like three revealed offers and kolek has about 25 (that also doesn’t make much sense to me since Miller is double the player kolek is. I think he’s narrowing the list each day and talking to the coaches. Not surprised at all he and his people are taking their time.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think complete opposite. Miller had like three revealed offers and kolek has about 25 (that also doesn’t make much sense to me since Miller is double the player kolek is. I think he’s narrowing the list each day and talking to the coaches. Not surprised at all he and his people are taking their time.

Agreed on one end of the equation - but those 25 slots will start getting filled if Kolek takes too much time. The fact something compelling hasn't pulled him in one direction or another would bode well for him staying. I still think odds are he is gone - but I do think after a certain point - the window starts closing.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agreed on one end of the equation - but those 25 slots will start getting filled if Kolek takes too much time. The fact something compelling hasn't pulled him in one direction or another would bode well for him staying. I still think odds are he is gone - but I do think after a certain point - the window starts closing.
He seems to be getting new offers everyday. And if teams hold him in such high regard he probably doesn’t have too many risks of offers getting pulled.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He seems to be getting new offers everyday. And if teams hold him in such high regard he probably doesn’t have too many risks of offers getting pulled.
This whole transfer portal thing is like a game of musical chairs,
but the chairs are surely differentiated by schools and by players

Baylor, Gonzaga, UCLA, et at are not contacting every player to enter the portal
players and their handlers know what schools and what slots are available and who the competition is
they need to know what their realistic first choices are and when to pull the trigger or they will get left with one of their lesser choices

in the case of Miller and Kolek
i wonder if they got offers from schools that are not as good as Mason - either led by Paul;son or led by English