2014 PG Isaiah Jackson commits to Mason

KAOriginal

All-American
He's tall.....

The Villages Charter

6’6 SR Isaiah Jackson, 6’6 JR Ed Porter, 6’5 JR Eric Turner

This trio finally gets to play together but far away from their Gainesville roots. Jackson is kind of a “point forward” in that he is a good passer out on the perimeter and makes things happen when he heads toward the basket. He could spend much of this season at point guard. Porter has had to play inside at both Gainesville as a freshman and Hawthorne as a sophomore. He’s hoping this year to be able to spend more time on the perimeter and developing those skills. Turner is the most athletic of the trio. All of his skills are solid except for his jump shot which tends to flatten out the farther Turner is from the baske

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Can this kid play? Also, how old is he? I thought you had to be 55+ to live in "The Villages" Americas Favorite Hometown? I'm a little skeptical that a guy that height with supposed handle is committing to G Mas right now. What other schools, more importantly, had offered?

Last edited by a moderator:

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I hope he has a solid jumper and can contribute on the offensive end immediately. I like that he's 6'5-6'6 with a handle. Looks like we'll have a bunch of guys who can push the tempo, drive the lane, and finish at the rim next season. Not sure how many jumpers we'll see unless they come out of the hands of Holloway.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
He's a 6'6" PG? I'm confused. Much confuses me about GMU bball lately.

lol. Couldn't agree more, but anything that would take minutes from Cory Edward is OK with me.

Masonfan3

Starter
I hope he has a solid jumper and can contribute on the offensive end immediately. I like that he's 6'5-6'6 with a handle. Looks like we'll have a bunch of guys who can push the tempo, drive the lane, and finish at the rim next season. Not sure how many jumpers we'll see unless they come out of the hands of Holloway.

Don't see that being an issue. As you said Holloway will make jumpers and I think with our size next year Marko and/or Royal will be taking their fair share of jumpers. And from everything I've heard Mayimba has range that stretches beyond the 3 point line.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Don't see that being an issue. As you said Holloway will make jumpers and I think with our size next year Marko and/or Royal will be taking their fair share of jumpers. And from everything I've heard Mayimba has range that stretches beyond the 3 point line.

Not necessarily "jumpers" just a consistent offensive threat from all over the floor. I was hoping the last 2014 scholly would go to someone who was a proven scorer in high school. Maybe Jackson is, I don't know enough about him to say he isn't. And from what I've heard Mayimba is better at attacking the basket and might be limited offensively at first.

I think we'll have more guys on next years team who can run the floor, handle the ball, attack the lane, and play defense, rather than settle into a half court offense and consistently be able to score from various parts of the floor.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Averaging 15 pts, 9 rebs and 6 asst his Sr year at the retirement community. Highlights from 2012 don't look like he is 6'6" but that might be the competition.
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/isaiah-jackson--3

He must have had a growth spurt since that video if that is him, because there's no way he's 6-6 there. If it is him, I love his speed, handle, driving ability and knack for finishing at the basket. His perimeter shot is already better than Moore's, so it could make for a heated competition.

PMP, take your act to another thread. I don't give a crap who has offered him or what his bogus star rating is if he makes us better. I'll never get why you need to make every thread about you. Just welcome the kid without the usual grandstanding.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
He must have had a growth spurt since that video if that is him, because there's no way he's 6-6 there. If it is him, I love his speed, handle, driving ability and knack for finishing at the basket. His perimeter shot is already better than Moore's, so it could make for a heated competition.

PMP, take your act to another thread. I don't give a crap who has offered him or what his bogus star rating is if he makes us better. I'll never get why you need to make every thread about you. Just welcome the kid without the usual grandstanding.

Hey look, we agree on something!

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So, this guy is obviously an under the radar recruit. That would lead me to guess that he is a diamond in the rough, or a project with big upside, or we just got lucky that he wasn't noticed by others. Any feel for how well Hewitt's other under the radar recruits have done in the past?