2014 PG Isaiah Jackson commits to Mason

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Welcome IJ! If other schools didn't know about him, it's cuz they can't afford him. GO MASON (Not G Mas)

Unless someone is a 5, i'm pretty sure stars mean nothing. As we've seen this season- their is so much more to this game than just talent.

Didn't we just get an assistant from Florida? I'm assuming this is a product of that?

Georgia Southern was on him, I'm going to guess Kreider reeled this guy in.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Welcome Isaiah. Please help us.

Isaiah 40:29-31

29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Not necessarily "jumpers" just a consistent offensive threat from all over the floor. I was hoping the last 2014 scholly would go to someone who was a proven scorer in high school. Maybe Jackson is, I don't know enough about him to say he isn't. And from what I've heard Mayimba is better at attacking the basket and might be limited offensively at first.

Read the writing on the wall. We're likely going to have one, and possibly two or three, scholarships available.

Gray, Okoloji and Edwards all could conceivably go elsewhere for a chance to play more. None are part of Hewitt's plans, obviously.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Gray, Okoloji and Edwards all could conceivably go elsewhere for a chance to play more. None are part of Hewitt's plans, obviously.

I could definitely see Okoloji leaving since he is reportedly graduating in May and could use the NCAA loophole like Paris and Vertrail, but I can't envision Edwards and Gray sitting out a year just to play their last year somewhere else. It would certainly makes things interesting if we had three more openings.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I could definitely see Okoloji leaving since he is reportedly graduating in May and could use the NCAA loophole like Paris and Vertrail, but I can't envision Edwards and Gray sitting out a year just to play their last year somewhere else. It would certainly makes things interesting if we had three more openings.

Edwards and Gray would only have to sit out a year if they transfer to another D-I school.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Yeah I am REALLY hoping that Okoloji graduates and goes elsewhere to help with the roster overhaul. Having 5 freshman next year might be tough from a W-L perspective, but its something I think needs to happen for the better (and potential) of the program going forward.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Read the writing on the wall. We're likely going to have one, and possibly two or three, scholarships available.

Yea, good point. I could definitely see all three going elsewhere, but realistically don't think all three will leave. Okoloji most likely, then Gray, then Edwards. Good bet there will be at least one more scholarship available.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Edwards and Gray would only have to sit out a year if they transfer to another D-I school.

Good point. I just assumed they would want to play at the highest level, but maybe they are better off going to a DII program if they do opt to leave an don't want to sit out a year. And just to be clear, this is all speculation, because there are no indications that either is leaving at this point.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Yea, good point. I could definitely see all three going elsewhere, but realistically don't think all three will leave. Okoloji most likely, then Gray, then Edwards. Good bet there will be at least one more scholarship available.

Hewitt obviously knows that next year is critical to his tenure at Mason, so if he's like 99.9 percent of coaches, he's gonna want to win or lose with "his guys."

And he's clearly not afraid of putting young guys in the game and letting them sink or swim. So that means the following will play the majority of the minutes: Jenkins, Holloway, Royal, Marko, Copes, Moore, Mayimba, Lockett, Porter and Jackson. 1 Sr., 3 Jrs., 2 sophs, 4 frosh

I could see him politely explaining to Okoloji, Gray and Edwards that there's going to be little, if any, playing time available next season.

I don't know why any of the three would come back to sit the bench in their senior seasons. Too many other places to play ball these days to be content being a bench-warmer.

The question then becomes: Can Hewitt land one or two graduate transfers to provide immediate help and balance out the classes?

We certainly don't need a 6- or 7-man freshman class. The last time we did that, it didn't work out so well.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'll lighten up when you reel it in. I just hate the idea of a Mason recruit coming to this site and mistaking you for a fan of our program. Some topics are fair game for your schtick, trashing a recruit to me is not.
Seriously, that's garbage, PMP. Low for even you.... You only have to look as far as a few years ago when Hancock was probably the lowest rated recruit in a large class and ending up being a star. Recruiting services are so phony baloney now that only the top 50 really means anything.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Seriously, that's garbage, PMP. Low for even you.... You only have to look as far as a few years ago when Hancock was probably the lowest rated recruit in a large class and ending up being a star. Recruiting services are so phony baloney now that only the top 50 really means anything.

Erick Copes is doing his best to show #56 means even the top 50 may not mean something lol...