2014 PG Isaiah Jackson commits to Mason

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Welcome Isaiah Jackson. I hope your career at Mason is long and you help us get back to the NCAA tournament with your other incoming freshman teammates.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wow, love the height. Seems like he can go get rebounds and take it to the hole against big men and can shoot over them when needed. Sounds like he has a lot of upside. Hope he can handle the ball, we will need him to take control against these A-10 teams who like to press and be physical.

Welcome to MASONNATION!!!

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
He must have had a growth spurt since that video if that is him, because there's no way he's 6-6 there. If it is him, I love his speed,
handle, driving ability and knack for
finishing at the basket. His perimeter
shot is already better than Moore's, so it could make for a heated
competition.

PMP, take your act to another thread. I don't give a crap who has offered
him or what his bogus star rating is if
he makes us better. I'll never get why
you need to make every thread
about you. Just welcome the kid
without the usual
grandstanding.

Come on Tom, lighten up a little bit.

smccart5

Starter
Welcome IJ! If other schools didn't know about him, it's cuz they can't afford him. GO MASON (Not G Mas)

Unless someone is a 5, i'm pretty sure stars mean nothing. As we've seen this season- their is so much more to this game than just talent.

Didn't we just get an assistant from Florida? I'm assuming this is a product of that?

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was a bit shocked when I saw this show up in my Twitter feed:
Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits
2014 The Villages Charter (FL) F Isaiah Jackson has committed to George Mason.
I thought, great, another Forward instead of a PG. So count me in as being confused about what position this kid really plays.

MasonCrew

Starter
Interested to see what he could do. Regardless of where he plays, hopefully his time as a PG will help limit his turnovers. Could end up being a steal with his injury taking him out for so long.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm confused as much as the next person but I would hope that the staff stressed the need for Isaiah to play a point forward type role. In addition, it sounds like he can score a bit so I'm hoping he can contribute fairly quickly. I'm excited to see what the 4 recruits (5 recruits maybe) can bring next year for the program going forward. Welcome to Mason Isaiah!

Dawgs99

Starter
Seems like the staff has been on this kid for awhile, if Hewitt is good at one thing its having an eye for talent. The roster is def being built in Hewitts image for better or worse....tall, athletic, and versatile. I also think this send the message that there will be another scholarship open this spring due to transfer/graduation etc. I'd look for Hewitt to go after a high major graduate transfer this spring, he's got to know he's on the hot seat to some extent and will want to add an impact player for next season. just my opinion.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Seems at least like we're getting the people in that are more interchangeable in a switching defense.
I was thinking a similar thing. It is like we are going to end up with everyone on our team being the exact same build. That should help with the switching issues we have. I just hope we create match-up problems for the other team (and not the other way around).

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
I'll lighten up when you reel it in. I just hate the idea of a Mason recruit coming to this site and mistaking you for a fan of our program. Some topics are fair game for your schtick, trashing a recruit to me is not.

Tom. OK, but I didn't trash him.