15 Minutes Thread

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Did anyone hear the borderline racist Luke Hancock shoutout during the Duke game last night? Grant Hill mentioned that his senior year of high school some guy named Hancock won the high school slam dunk contest. Raftery and Nantz said something along the lines of, "Not Luke Hancock. He might have won a three-point contest but I'm not sure he could dunk." That kid was fundamentally sound.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Anyone else notice the many Mason sightings behind the commentators during the tourney so far? I've seen Tony, Lamar, Folarin, and Luke

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...aches-fear-separation-power-5-espn-poll-shows

Some 150 Division I men's basketball coaches responded to the survey earlier this month. The coaches from outside the Power 5 (the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC and Pac-12), who requested anonymity, were in near concert that they're worried about a potential breakup.

"The thing I fear about the college game is that the BCS continues to separate and create a second tier within Division I,'' a coach from a smaller conference said. "That would be really bad for the game. March Madness is special because of the [George] Masons, vcu's and Butlers.''

GMU92

Starter
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...aches-fear-separation-power-5-espn-poll-shows

Some 150 Division I men's basketball coaches responded to the survey earlier this month. The coaches from outside the Power 5 (the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC and Pac-12), who requested anonymity, were in near concert that they're worried about a potential breakup.

"The thing I fear about the college game is that the BCS continues to separate and create a second tier within Division I,'' a coach from a smaller conference said. "That would be really bad for the game. March Madness is special because of the [George] Masons, vcu's and Butlers.''

This bug is starting to hit many other college sports as well. I work with a few college hockey diehards and they hate the BCS-driven consolidation of their sport (Big Ten Hockey for example) which destroyed several established conferences (the CCHA for example) and decades old rivalries.
Glad to see we're still mentioned first in articles like this, being the pioneer of mid major Final Four teams in the modern era.

GMU92

Starter
I saw that too. My wife and I almost fell off the couch when Jane compared "Pride and Prejudice" with the 2006 Mason/UConn game. Nice analogy!

Pretty cool;
I saw that too. My wife and I almost fell off the couch when Jane compared "Pride and Prejudice" with the 2006 Mason/UConn game. Nice analogy!

Pretty cool to see this 10 years on.
SI rated our UConn win #8 in greatest upsets, but like one of their writers, a lot of folks remember it #1 as within the context of a deep tournament Final Four run, with wins over 3 of the last 4 national champs.

KAOriginal

All-American

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
how long are these commercials? geez

JBiggs

Starter
Is this really worth it? Because it started by showing me about 4 commercials, then i skipped ahead one time, and it has shown about 6 more with no signs of stopping.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I was able to skip the commercials without a problem. I just skipped past the dots until the time lined up.
I also have an ad blocker, maybe that helped.

Yes, it is worth watching.