15 Minutes Thread

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Seems random. Does GMU have a connection to Capitol one?
Capital One owns the naming rights to the arena where we beat UConn, even though it was the Verizon Center on the day of the game.
One of their senior execs is a Mason grad, but I think the naming rights is why the image is used.

I've always wondered if Cap One would eventually buy Eagle Bank, which then would change the name of our own arena.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Seems random. Does GMU have a connection to Capitol one?

Super Random. My guess was bc they wanted to showcase a historic event that happened at Capital One Arena. You would think they would just paint the wall with Capital One colors and logos right?

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So my brother works at Capital One in Richmond. He sent me over this pic today of their new basketball court they have on the Capital One Campus. Check out the picture in the background. The entire wall is of Lamar during the UConn game.

CORRECTION: This was from the Capital One building in McLean... thus making the picture a little more relevant.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The Junkies were discussing bits they could do to honor the collapse of the local pro football team. During their brainstorm they mentioned how they've already done the "burn in effigy" bit when they did it to Billy Packer for his mocking of our at-large bid in 2006. Lurch: "boy, that was a long time ago". Yes it was

smccart5

Starter
Whoa- anyone realize we have someone on our staff named Handy Handerahan? That’s 3 Han’s in one name. Gotta be some kind of a record.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Whoa- anyone realize we have someone on our staff named Handy Handerahan? That’s 3 Han’s in one name. Gotta be some kind of a record.

Unfortunately Handy is his nick name so I'm not sure if he would qualify for the world record but I'll check with the boys over at Guiness. His real name is Robert Handerahan but I've never heard anyone call him any variation of Robert.

He's been there for over 20 years. Strength Coach. He's about 5-5 tall
Cool guy and good at what he does.

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Popular podcast Pardon My Take spoke about Coach L and Mason when covering the topic of the next Cinderella in college basketball

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-we-can-do-is-ruin-it/?utm_term=.484b6bd084f1

Imagine, a Wofford in Minneapolis. Holy George Mason. So in the national interest, here’s a scouting report, culled from watching the Terriers thrice in the Southern Conference tournament, Saturday through Monday, when they won the title, snared the automatic bracket bid, reached 29-4, and remained unbeaten against nine fellow members of a “mid-major” league with four teams that qualify as pure hell (including Wofford).