15 Minutes Thread

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think the full game is on YouTube. Otherwise I think the NCAA sells games. Of course the Luke shot is on YouTube.
I ran a search for "Mason Villanova 2011" on YouTube. All I saw were ugly videos of people who had recorded their TVs using their mobile phones. Found nothing on NCAA site either. Where can one find this game in decent resolution?

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I ran a search for "Mason Villanova 2011" on YouTube. All I saw were ugly videos of people who had recorded their TVs using their mobile phones. Found nothing on NCAA site either. Where can one find this game in decent resolution?

View: https://vimeo.com/35343185
part 1
View: https://vimeo.com/35351463
part 2

I couldn't find it on a DVD - but these showed up in my googling. It appears the NCAA only issues DVDs for random games at least from what I can see, like I can get GMU vs Cincy and GMU vs Maryland, but I can't get that one.

Edit: The links do work, the previews just can't be shown on the forum for some reason

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Mason was just on SC for about a minute and a half, the anchors were talking about the greatest mid-major bubble teams of the past. They interviewed OCM and then they continued on to vcu and I lost interest.

I'll try to post a video.

Last edited:

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We just made Sportscenters top 10.....for softball. URI turned a triple play on us this weekend. Yikes

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...om-for-loyola-chicago/?utm_term=.4bb9d39cb3b8

George Mason earned an at-large bid at 23-7 after losing in the Colonial Athletic Association Tournament semifinals to Hofstra, then went through a gauntlet of college basketball blue bloods to reach the Final Four. The Patriots dispatched 6-seed Michigan State, 3-seed North Carolina, 7-seed Wichita State and top-seeded Connecticut in an 86-84 overtime win.

“What we did in ’06 was like [Roger] Bannister breaking the four-minute mile,” then George Mason Coach Jim Larranaga said after vcu’s Elite Eight win. “It broke the barrier and gave mid-major [programs] a clear idea that they could make it to the Final Four. Butler almost beating Duke last year in the championship has given every mid-major program the hope that the national championship can be won by someone not from a big conference — if that team plays extremely well for three weeks.”

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I mean come on.... wow. I like coach L but that is such a load of shit. Comparing the discrepancy of the 3 point shooting as if Florida's size and athleticism had nothing to do with our performance.

Every team we played that year were bigger, stronger and more athletic and we found a way. We could have won but it was just not our day. Florida did not play one game in a dome that year either.

Jollay, ATTACK!

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I mean come on.... wow. I like coach L but that is such a load of shit. Comparing the discrepancy of the 3 point shooting as if Florida's size and athleticism had nothing to do with our performance.

Every team we played that year were bigger, stronger and more athletic and we found a way. We could have won but it was just not our day. Florida did not play one game in a dome that year either.

Jollay, ATTACK!

We only took 11 3's in that game?! That is mind boggling, especially considering how dominant they were inside.