15 Minutes Thread

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
May have to set up a 3rd TV in the basement - completely forgot about O's/Nats!

I'm with you on that one, Joe. I have to 50-inch TVs side by side in my basement and still haven't figured out how I'm going to juggle all three games tomorrow night.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
https://wtop.com/sports/2018/01/geo...rking-on-scientific-sideline-concussion-test/

MANASSAS, Va. — What if you could know whether you had suffered a concussion — without any shadow of a doubt, and in just minutes — simply by spitting in a tube?

As the scope of potential short- and long-term damage from brain injuries in football becomes clearer every day, the mad scramble is on to try to address the crisis, which threatens the very existence of the sport.

And while the leading chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, research at Boston University has made the most headlines, two scientists at George Mason University have been working on a potentially groundbreaking diagnostic tool that could change the way we test for and treat brain injury across the sports world and beyond.

The way brain injuries are treated and managed is a nascent and evolving science, with the effectiveness of stopgap protocols being called into question on nearly a weekly basis during the football season. So, while the findings of the joint project between Dr. Shane Caswell, an athletic trainer, and Dr. Emanuel “Chip” Petricoin, a proteomics expert, are still a ways from translating to a marketable product, they shed new insight into a field that many are only beginning to understand.

Coming from entirely different sides of research at George Mason, Caswell and Petricoin may never have met if not for a chance encounter at a social event put on by the university to try to draw a pharmaceutical company to Prince William County back in 2011. Each heard the other speak about their work and both realized there might be an opportunity to work together across disciplines.

Last edited:

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Never gets old!

Hey, does anyone have a good copy of Mason's 2011 NCAA game vs Villanova? If you do, is it possible to make a copy and hand it off to me? Please PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Never gets old!

Hey, does anyone have a good copy of Mason's 2011 NCAA game vs Villanova? If you do, is it possible to make a copy and hand it off to me? Please PM.

I think the full game is on YouTube. Otherwise I think the NCAA sells games. Of course the Luke shot is on YouTube.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Hah - I watched this last night too. My girlfriend thought I was crazy for cheering and pacing around like it was a live game. I still can't believe we won.

The MCI Center has been open for well over 20 years now believe it or not. I remember being there and saying to myself and others around me, that I had never heard that place so loud. It's still got to hold true considering the lack of any real success by the Caps and Bullets and their limited fan bases. That place was off the hook that Sunday afternoon.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The MCI Center has been open for well over 20 years now believe it or not. I remember being there and saying to myself and others around me, that I had never heard that place so loud. It's still got to hold true considering the lack of any real success by the Caps and Bullets and their limited fan bases. That place was off the hook that Sunday afternoon.
Which sports venue are you talking about, Verzon Center or Capital One Arena?