Because he deserves his own thread.

http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25200&ATCLID=205055882
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/46425/luke-hancock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Hancock

g02_1300482001.jpg

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I know TOC never would've picked such an inexperienced coach, but if we had hired Kevin Keatts instead of Bozo the Coach, we most likely would've retained the services of Mr. Hancock even after the Elderly Cuban's departure.

No offense to Copes, who obviously wouldn't have come to Mason without his uncle, but I'd trade him straight up for Hancock every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

And honestly, could Keatts have possibly done any worse as Mason's HC than Bozo has?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I know TOC never would've picked such an inexperienced coach, but if we had hired Kevin Keatts instead of Bozo the Coach, we most likely would've retained the services of Mr. Hancock even after the Elderly Cuban's departure.

No offense to Copes, who obviously wouldn't have come to Mason without his uncle, but I'd trade him straight up for Hancock every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

And honestly, could Keatts have possibly done any worse as Mason's HC than Bozo has?

Despite being a great prep school head coach (with a few years as a college assistant), I doubt that many D-I AD's would have considered him for a head coaching vacancy in 2011. But, I'm guessing that they would now.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
:lookingdown: there used to be a gif of Luke's inbound self pass off the back for a dunk against William and Mary...can't find it anymore..makes me sad.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
... is so freaking good.

He's already got two baskets and two sweet assists that led to dunks -- including an alley-oop to Harrell -- against Manhattan.

Just looks like he's playing a pickup game out in the park. So calm and comfortable. He can do pretty much whatever he wants to do out there.

It's amazing in retrospect that Luke ever played for Mason.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Louisville was down by 3 with 1:53 left in the game. Luke comes in and hits 3 straight 3 pointers. This guy is way better than anyone ever thought he was going to be. He single handedly saved Louisville again, just like did last year when he won the MVP award at the finals. Wow. He stands out amongst a team of future NBA players.

sigmanorm

Starter
Louisville was down by 3 with 1:53 left in the game. Luke comes in and hits 3 straight 3 pointers. This guy is way better than anyone ever thought he was going to be. He single handedly saved Louisville again, just like did last year when he won the MVP award at the finals. Wow. He stands out amongst a team of future NBA players.
I agree he came up HUGE in the clutch, but he did not have his best game. Still got 16 points, which tells you what he is capable of. Really like that kid. Always a class act when I talked to him.