Who's your Daddy?!?! - Welcome Bahaide Haidara

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Hard to believe we won't have any transfers, it's just college basketball now.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hard to believe we won't have any transfers, it's just college basketball now.

We already had one? Maybe someone else transfers, but I don’t know who would...JDS is the only possible candidate at this point, but he hasn’t shown any other colleges anything yet.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
We already had one? Maybe someone else transfers, but I don’t know who would...JDS is the only possible candidate at this point, but he hasn’t shown any other colleges anything yet.
Well that one happened 8 games into the season. I can see Hartwell going back west because he is home sick. JDS for sure because of how little time he got. They can force Reuter out and not feel bad bc he won't have to sit. If Boyd can't get over his injuries I can see him leaving. Greene can leave too if he isn't happy with how he's being used, came in as a PG. You just never know with kids, expect the unexpected. Every kid stayed bc of the high expectations and they all failed, that could cause a fragile mentality here now.

smccart5

Starter
Well that one happened 8 games into the season. I can see Hartwell going back west because he is home sick. JDS for sure because of how little time he got. They can force Reuter out and not feel bad bc he won't have to sit. If Boyd can't get over his injuries I can see him leaving. Greene can leave too if he isn't happy with how he's being used, came in as a PG. You just never know with kids, expect the unexpected. Every kid stayed bc of the high expectations and they all failed, that could cause a fragile mentality here now.

I really don't see anyone transferring because people got a lot of opportunities to succeed. Greene had a really solid role on the team as the year progressed. I'm excited for 3 more years of Miller and Hartwell, I think both will be really solid.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Only two transfer candidates I see are Reuter and JDS — the former because he can graduate, go somewhere else and be eligible immediately, the latter because his path to a starting spot is blocked by Greene for the next two years and he may not be willing to wait.

Honestly JDS would be a perfect fit at Iona because he could shoot 3s all day and they play no defense.

AJ also would be a prime candidate — he would wreak havoc in a league like the CAA — but having redshirted, I can’t see him going anywhere.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Only two transfer candidates I see are Reuter and JDS — the former because he can graduate, go somewhere else and be eligible immediately, the latter because his path to a starting spot is blocked by Greene for the next two years and he may not be willing to wait.

Honestly JDS would be a perfect fit at Iona because he could shoot 3s all day and they play no defense.

AJ also would be a prime candidate — he would wreak havoc in a league like the CAA — but having redshirted, I can’t see him going anywhere.
agree on your point about JDS absolutely filling it up at Iona or something equivalent.

But CAA teams arguably better than Mason so why can't AJ learn to wreak havoc in A10... could it be poor coaching of athletes?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
agree on your point about JDS absolutely filling it up at Iona or something equivalent.

But CAA teams arguably better than Mason so why can't AJ learn to wreak havoc in A10... could it be poor coaching of athletes?

Here’s the problem with AJ, at least my opinion, and I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault: he was recruited with the plan that he’d be a raw, freakishly athletic 4 who would develop ball skills and perimeter defense.

But he’s 3 years into his college career and he hasn’t really expanded his game much. He can’t handle, pass or shoot like we need a 4 to do, and he gets absolutely lost when he has to rotate defensively from the 4 spot.

AJ is just a classic tweener. He’s most comfortable as a 5 because he always played in the paint growing up, but he’s never going to be tall or thick enough to be a legit post threat in a league as good as the A-10.

I know you believe our coaches are somehow incapable of coaching such a great athlete. They’re just not willing to live with all the blown assignments in exchange for the 1-2 highlight plays he’ll make every game — unless that changes, he’s not gonna be more than a spot player off the bench at Mason.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I’ve seeing Xavier listed at anywhere from 6’ to 6’3. I guess we will know when we see them standing next to someone.

A good measuring stick would be standing next to 6-2 Hartwell. :cool:

Herndon

All-Conference

Maaaannnn, it's true he doesn't seem to go left much, and yeah it's a highlight film, but again, at minimum
1) He's a competent enough ball handler and passer to play the 3
2) His shot isn't broken. We don't know if he's a GOOD shooter, but we can say his shot looks fundamentally sound.
3) He's clearly plenty athletic enough for this league

If he really is even a mediocre shooter, and really is anywhere from 6'4 or up, he looks like a guy that Paulsen can turn into a nice player.

I know Mar had a disastrous sophomore year, but I still think he's going to end up a solid player. Between Mar, and Miller, and now Daddy, I feel like Paulsen is getting wing recruiting where we want it to be.

I know this is verboten on this board, but I'm starting to get optimistic.

(I feel like it should be noted, I thought that Troy Temara was going to be really good, so I don't necessarily know what I'm talking about when it comes to talent evaluation)

Last edited:

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
[QUOTE="Herndon, post: 110736, member:

Maaaannnn, it's true he doesn't seem to go left much, )[/QUOTE]

Thats one of the first thing I noticed too, but you can coach a player to go left. but you cant coach SIZE!

FreeGunston12

All-American

Maaaannnn, it's true he doesn't seem to go left much, and yeah it's a highlight film, but again, at minimum
1) He's a competent enough ball handler and passer to play the 3
2) His shot isn't broken. We don't know if he's a GOOD shooter, but we can say his shot looks fundamentally sound.
3) He's clearly plenty athletic enough for this league

If he really is even a mediocre shooter, and really is anywhere from 6'4 or up, he looks like a guy that Paulsen can turn into a nice player.

I know Mar had a disastrous sophomore year, but I still think he's going to end up a solid player. Between Mar, and Miller, and now Daddy, I feel like Paulsen is getting wing recruiting where we want it to be.

I know this is verboten on this board, but I'm starting to get optimistic.

(I feel like it should be noted, I thought that Troy Temara was going to be really good, so I don't necessarily know what I'm talking about when it comes to talent evaluation)
The good news is that if he’s “only” 6’4 (which he’s not), then he’s even that much more athletic.