Where Are They Now?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If having Caputo at GW doesn’t kickstart this rivalry into something real and tangible (even if KE or an assistant has to run over and punch him in the nuts after we win or something) I don’t think anything will.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If having Caputo at GW doesn’t kickstart this rivalry into something real and tangible (even if KE or an assistant has to run over and punch him in the nuts after we win or something) I don’t think anything will.
Lol too bad Tony Skinn isn’t an assistant at Mason.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Damn... nice jab at Mason at the 32:40 mark. He doesn't say Mason, but we all know who he's talking about.
Sort of. I was hoping it was something really juicy that could make this an I hate GW because... type of rivalry. Alas, I don't think it was a real jab at Mason, necessarily. If I recall the story correctly (@p8triotfan4life feel free to correct the record as I am sure you know it better than me), when Chris started at Mason was essentially doing it for free, almost an internship type of thing, so he could prove himself and turn it into a paying job. It turned out pretty well for him in the end. My best guess is that is what he is referring to, mostly.

Sort of. I was hoping it was something really juicy that could make this an I hate GW because... type of rivalry. Alas, I don't think it was a real jab at Mason, necessarily. If I recall the story correctly (@p8triotfan4life feel free to correct the record as I am sure you know it better than me), when Chris started at Mason was essentially doing it for free, almost an internship type of thing, so he could prove himself and turn it into a paying job. It turned out pretty well for him in the end. My best guess is that is what he is referring to, mostly.

You are correct @gmubrian he was a Volunteer Video Coordinator for a year or two before coming Director of Basketball Operations before getting promoted to an Assistant. For several years he was making $30k or less. I think all of that is public record in Virgini public university salaries.

After making the 2011 run with Hancock, Morrison, Pearson and such Coach L wanted the Assistants money pool to increase significantly to which TOC declined. I think we all know that part of the story.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Thanks. That's all new to me. That makes way more sense now. I initially thought it was related Mason not wanting to give Coach L's assistants major raises which was one of the many reasons why he left. At least that's what I heard.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"'You are always looking for fit in the recruiting process, and with Xavier this could not be a better fit,' Mullins said. 'He will add toughness, experience and leadership. All he wants to do is win and play in the NCAA Tournament. That is what this program is about.'

In 13 of his 28 games last season, Johnson dished out at least five assists. He had a career-high 10 dishes at LaSalle and recorded nine assists in games versus Georgia, UMass, Richmond and vcu. Also an effective rebounder, Johnson finished fourth on the team in rebounding, including a career-best 10 boards at Richmond."

"'I want to win a conference championship and go to the NCAA Tournament,' Johnson said. 'I've had a chance to experience that with my dad and watching (UCF) play. I was heartbroken when they lost and I wasn't even playing. It's just an amazing experience and something I want to do.'"

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just saw By George retweet Corey Edwards being hired by Drake as an assistant coach. Kind of interesting that one former Patriot is going to be coaching another former Patriot next year.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Just saw By George retweet Corey Edwards being hired by Drake as an assistant coach. Kind of interesting that one former Patriot is going to be coaching another former Patriot next year.
Who is the former Patriot Corey is going to be coaching?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Happy for Corey.

Just hope he doesn’t have to coach how to pass out of a full court press trap.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
BTW, Caputo is asking to have his name pronounced ka-pew-toe, not ka-poo-toe. This may or may not be new, but it was new to me.